The nursing training program at Kirkwood Community College is a 2 year a degree that provides key knowledge and abilities that are prevalent to both nursing roles. Kirkwood’s nursing classes cover maternal-child, medical, geriatric, mental health, surgical and home health nursing over the 5-semester program. Patient care competencies are learned in a supervised lab environment. The clinical experience starts in the very first semester. Pupils acquire clinical experience in all of the main areas of nursing and also complete their clinics in area hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, mental health facilities, home health agencies and a wide range of specialty clinics.
The Nursing training program is endorsed by the Iowa Board of Nursing and the North Central — Higher Learning Commission.
Kirkwood’s Associate Degree Nursing graduates can conveniently obtain their Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree through an area 4 year college or university with whom Kirkwood has an articulation contract.
All pupils are required to finish Certified Nurse Aid training as well as successfully pass the written and competencies examination prior to starting the technical and also clinical portion of the training program. Students may acquire training through Kirkwood’s Continuing Education Department. A Student needs to be on the Iowa Direct Care Worker Registry.
About the school
Kirkwood Community College (KWC) is a 2-year extensive community college serving 7 counties in Iowa, United States of America. Kirkwood’s major campus is in Cedar Rapids, with other campuses in Iowa City, Marion, Monticello, Belle Plaine, Tipton, Vinton, Washington, and Williamsburg.
The college is named after Samuel J. Kirkwood, an early abolitionist as well as Iowa’s Civil War governor.
Kirkwood Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission North Central Association of Colleges and Schools; Kirkwood offers Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS) and Associate of Applied Science degrees (AAS), certificates and diplomas. The college offers More than 120 programs. The college offers lots of classes and a various Liberal Arts degrees online.
Kirkwood Community College also offers an adult basic education, adult high school and GED programs, accelerated delivery formats for working adults and also Continuing Education for personal and professional development courses.
Total program cost is USD $20,998
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- All pre-requisites must have been completed (Minimum C grade, unless noted)
- Introduction to Nursing grade must be a B- or better
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II grades must be a B- or better
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II (BIO-168 & BIO-173) must be less than 5 years old
- Attending a Program Conference
- Attendance date must be less than 2 years old from date of entry into the Technical portion of the Program.
- CNA must be listed as Eligible on the Direct Care Registry for the State of Iowa OR have passed all (6) modules for HSP State Certification.
- Minimum Program GPA of 2.5
- If you graduated from a high school or college abroad, yes. The required TOEFL score for entrance into the Nursing Program is 84. But if you graduated from U.S high school or college no.
Kirkwood Community College
Address: Main Campus, 6301 Kirkwood Boulevard Southwest, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Phone: +1 319-398-5411