Kingsborough Community College (KBCC) is certified by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The Nursing Education Training program is endorsed by the New York State Education Division and is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
The graduate earns an Associate in Applied Science Degree and is qualified to sit and take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
About The School
Kingsborough Community College (KBCC), a part of the City University of New York system (CUNY), is the sole community college in Brooklyn, New York, United States, Situated in Manhattan Beach. The 71-acre campus look-across Jamaica Bay, Sheepshead Bay, and the Atlantic Ocean. It is also situated on the site of the old Manhattan Beach Air Force Station. It was founded in 1963.
In its initial years, it also had an annex, generally known as the “Mid-Brooklyn campus”. Kingsborough is the only institution in New York City (NYC) with its very own non-public beach, which is available for swimming during the summer time.
Total estimated program cost is USD $20,070
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- be enrolled in the Pre-Clinical Component. A students must complete an application for Pre-Clinical Nursing during the period noted on the Academic Calendar. The application is obtained in the Registrar’s Office. The student must see a nursing advisor to discuss their academic performance and obtain a advisor’s signature on the application. The application is submitted to the Nursing Department (M401);
- pass the CUNY Reading and Writing exams and parts 1 and 2 of the COMPASS Math Skills Test and/or complete any required remediation before completion of the four (4) courses in the Pre-Clinical Sequence;
- complete the four (4) courses in the Pre-Clinical Sequence: ENG 1200, PSY 1100, BIO 1100 and SCI 2500;
- complete the four courses the Pre-Clinical Sequence with at least a grade point average of 2.5 and earn at least two (2) Bs (one of which must be in SCI 2500 or BIO 1100);
- the student who have repeated and/or withdrawn from any of the Pre-Clinical Sequence courses may not be considered for admission to the Nursing program;
- all grades received for courses taken in the Pre-Clinical Sequence at Kingsborough will be included in the Pre-Clinical average computation;
- submit transcripts from other colleges (NOTE: Letter grades received in the Pre-Clinical Sequence courses at other colleges will be used to determine eligibility for admission); any biological science course more than 10 years old will not be accepted for exemption or credit;
- perform satisfactorily on the Test of Academic Skills (TEAS) exam;
- the transfer student from other colleges must be in good academic standing. A student who is on academic probation or has be administratively dismissed from a Nursing program at a previous school is not eligible for admission to the Nursing program.
- The students must earn a minimum of a “C” grade in all pre and co-requisite courses
Kingsborough Community College
Address: 2001 Oriental Blvd, Brooklyn, NY 11235
Submit your review
Leave a Reply