- The BS in Nursing (BSN) training program offers a baccalaureate degree to prelicensure nursing students. The traditional nursing training program at King University can be completed in eight successive semesters (4-years).
- The quality of King’s nursing training program is evidenced by the significant number of our students who are employed for the major positions before they graduate. Many receive offers for jobs from their first-choice employer.
- The School of Nursing program operates on an authorization status with the Tennessee Board of Nursing, is an associate of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, and is certified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Also, BSN graduates will remain qualified to take the NCLEX.
About the school
- King University (previously King College) is a non-public university in Bristol, Tennessee, United States. Graduate programs are offered in business administration, nursing, and also education.
- Established in 1867, King is independently governed with covenant affiliations to the Presbyterian Church (United States) and also the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $24,005
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Decisions are based on a variety of factors such as: academic preparation, ACT and/or SAT examinations, extracurricular activities, and essays (if required).
The Application for Admission must include the following:
- King University Application for Admission
- Official High School transcript, official Home School transcript or official results from the General Equivalency Diploma
- OPTIONAL: Scores from either the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT I) of the College Entrance Examination Board or the American College Testing Program (ACT).
General requirements for admission include graduation from an accredited or recognized high school or secondary institution with a minimum of 16 academic units, distributed as follows:
- Four Units of English
- Two Units of Algebra (Algebra I & II)
- One Unit of Geometry
- Two Units of Foreign Language
- Two Units from History and the Social Studies
- One Unit of Natural Science
- Four Units of other academic electives
Applicants for admission may be offered admission on a conditional basis after the review of the application materials received. Students are conditionally accepted with the permission from the Admissions Committee of the Faculty. A student who has been conditionally accepted will be limited to 14 hours of coursework during his or her first semester in attendance at the institution.
Address: 1350 King College Rd, Bristol, TN 37620, USA
Submit your review