- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree readies practitioners for professional nursing, assists them to understand their position in society and also prepares them for graduate study. The training program emphasizes professional skills, knowledge and also compassionate nursing practices.
- Students start with courses that demonstrate the core foundations of the nursing profession and also its historical beginnings. The capstone preceptorship exposes pupils to research and also professional practice concepts that guarantee their abilities to be nurse leaders and also healthcare advocates. Throughout the training program, students study life-span and also cultural diversity problems while applying evidence-based practice to their profession. Certified by Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
About the school
- Kent State University is an extensive, mainly residential, public research university in Kent, Ohio, United States Of America. The university also consists of seven regional campuses in Northeast Ohio and also additional facilities in the region and also internationally.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $27,190
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Admission to this major is selective, the process is competitive and acceptance is never guaranteed.
Freshman Students to the Nursing Major: Admission to nursing requires the completion of high school math, biology and chemistry. In addition, students should have at least a 2.7 overall high school grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) and a minimum 22 ACT composite (or a minimum 1020 SAT combined critical reading and mathematics score). Applicants with a 21 ACT composite score (or 980 SAT combined critical reading and mathematics score) need a 3.0 high school grade point average. Applicants with a 20 ACT composite score (or 940 SAT combined critical reading and mathematics score) need a 3.3 high school grade point average.
Admission to the Accelerated Second Degree concentration: Admission to the Accelerated BSN Concentration requires a completed baccalaureate degree with a cumulative 2.75 GPA or higher. Accelerated students must have all core and nursing prerequisite courses complete.
- Admission check list for the Accelerated BSN Concentration students:
- BSCI 21010 ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY I (KBS) (KLAB)
- BSCI 21020 ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY II
- BSCI 20021 BASIC MICROBIOLOGY or BSCI 30171 GENERAL MICROBIOLOGY
- BSCI 30050 HUMAN GENETICS or BSCI 30156 ELEMENTS OF GENETICS
- Chemistry electives (CHEM 10050 FUNDAMENTALS OF CHEMISTRY (KBS) , CHEM 10055 MOLECULES OF LIFE (KBS) , or CHEM 10060 GENERAL CHEMISTRY I (KBS) )
- MATH elective, (Choose one:MATH 10772 MODELING ALGEBRA PLUS (KMCR) , MATH 11010 ALGEBRA FOR CALCULUS (KMCR) , MATH 10773 ALGEBRA FOR CALCULUS STRETCH I , MATH 10774 ALGEBRA FOR CALCULUS STRETCH II (KMCR) , MATH 12001 ALGEBRA AND TRIGONOMETRY (KMCR) , MATH 12002 ANALYTIC GEOMETRY AND CALCULUS I (KMCR) , MATH 10775 ALGEBRA FOR CALCULUS PLUS (KMCR) , MATH 12011 CALCULUS WITH PRECALCULUS I (KMCR) , MATH 11009 MODELING ALGEBRA (KMCR) , MATH 12012 CALCULUS WITH PRECALCULUS II (KMCR) , or MATH 11012 INTUITIVE CALCULUS (KMCR) )
- PSYC 11762 GENERAL PSYCHOLOGY (DIVD) (KSS)
- NURS 20950 HUMAN GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
- SOC 12050 INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY (DIVD) (KSS)
- Approved Statistics Elective
- NUTR 23511 SCIENCE OF HUMAN NUTRITION (KBS)
- Students must have a 2.75 cumulative GPA, and a 2. 75 Science GPA
- Students must earn a 2.0 (C) or better in all science and Math courses.
Address: 800 E Summit St, Kent, OH 44240, USA
Submit your review