Keiser University’s Associate of Science degree in Nursing trains students to practice qualified nursing. Professional nursing involves the execution of those acts requiring considerable expert knowledge, decision and nursing skill based upon functional principles of biological, psychological, physical, and social sciences. The nursing practice of a professional nurse includes but is not limited to the following;
- Promotion of wellness, preservation of health, and prevention of illness of others.
- Health teaching and examination of individuals who may be ill, injured or infirm.
- Evaluation, nursing diagnosis, planning, intercession, and assessment of care.
- Administration of treatments and medications as prescribed in harmony with the principles of nursing practice.
About The School
Keiser University Miami is conveniently sited just off Florida’s Turnpike southwest of downtown Miami with full time staffed admissions, academic affairs, administration, student services, and financial services departments.
It offers a pleasant academic environment with amenities which include spacious classrooms, library with internet-enabled computer workstations, comfortable lounge area, computer and medical labs, career center, student services information and on-site parking.
Keiser University uses quality instructional equipment that meets learning objectives and program standards. At this Miami campus of Keiser University, students benefit from the values of combining hands-on practical concerted learning to their academic knowledge.
Total program cost is $28,000
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Successful completion of the TEAS test and personal interview with Nursing Education Unit
- Background check and drug screening
- Minimum grade of “B” for pre-requisite courses: BSC2085C and BSC2086C
- Minimum grade of “C” for pre-requisite courses: MCB2000C, MAT1033, DEP2004 and general education courses
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA (based on completion of pre-requisite courses, ENC1101 and one additional general education course)
8505 Mills Drive
Miami, FL 33183
Submit your review
Leave a Reply