The Nursing Training program in Kansas City Kansas Community College is built to prepare students to function as entry-level registered nurses (RNs). Coursework is directed towards helping graduates to pass the National Council of Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). The training program is endorsed by the Kansas State Board of Nursing and certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
The Nursing Division is devoted to providing a student learning ecosystem that motivates and measures spirit of inquiry, clinical proficiency, professional responsibility, and efficient communication competencies for a different student population. These qualities will prepare graduates to pass the NCLEX-RN® and to provide and handle safe, cost-effective care to meet Client Demands. The graduate will be ready to organize, control, and/or collaborate with associates of the multidisciplinary health-care team.
Pupils must complete 72 hrs for the degree and earn a minimum “C” grade in all coursework to be able to graduate.
About the school
Kansas City Kansas Community College (KCKCC) is a public two-year community college situated in Kansas City, Kansas, United States Of America. The institution is certified by the Commission of the North Central Association, Higher Learning Commission and the Kansas Board of Regents.
Kansas City Kansas Community College was established in 1923 as part of the Public School System of Kansas City, Kansas, United States. In the year 1965, in line with legislation governing two (2) year colleges in the State of Kansas, the name of the college transformed to Kansas City Kansas Junior College.
In 1979, legislative action produced an additional name modify for the two-year colleges in the state. The phrase “junior” was removed from their names and swapped with “community”; at the moment the College formally became referred to as Kansas City Kansas Community College.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,270
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- College Requirement – All first time degree-seeking students who score 73 or above on the COMPASS reading exam are required to take HUDV0100, First Year Experience. All degree-seeking students who score below 73 on the COMPASS reading exam will take HUDV0101, Strategies for Academic Excellence/Lifelong Learning.
- Basic Skill Requirements
- ENGL0101 Composition I
- ENGL0102 Composition II*
- SPCH0151 Public Speaking or
- SPCH0201 Interpersonal Communication
- Humanities Requirements
- PHILO206 Ethics or Humanities Core Elective
- Social and Behavioral Science Requirements
- PSYC0201 Psychology
- PSYC0203 Human Development* or
- PSYC0202 Child Development
- Mathematics Requirement
- MATH0104 Intermediate Algebra
- Natural and Physical Science Requirement (lecture w/lab)
- BIOL0141 Human Anatomy and Laboratory
- BIOL0261 Microbiology
- BIOL0262 Microbiology Laboratory
- BIOL0271 Physiolog
- BIOL0272 Physiology Laboratory
Kansas City Kansas Community College
Address: 7250 State Avenue, Kansas City, KS 66112, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply