The Associate Degree Nursing Training program is situated in the Allied Health Building at Jones Junior College, Ellisville, Mississippi, United States. The training program is a 2-year nursing training program leading to an Associate in Arts Degree (AA) with a major in Nursing.
Upon successful Completion of the training program of study meet the requirements for the graduate to meet the criteria to write the National Council Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
The A.D. Nursing Training program is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) along with the Mississippi State Institutions of Higher Learning, Board of Trustees (IHL).
Jones County Junior College is an agency associate of National Organization for Associate Degree Nursing (N-OADN). Admittance to the AD Nursing training program demands a separate application in addition to admittance to the college.
Selections to the Associate Degree Nursing Training program are made based on a competitive selection process. Non-nursing courses may be taken just before admission to the Nursing Training program.
About The School
Jones County Junior College (JCJC) is a junior college certified by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools situated in Ellisville, Mississippi, USA. Jones County Junior College serves its eight-county district which includes Clarke, Covington, Greene, Jones, Jasper, Perry, Smith and Wayne counties.
In the year 1922, Mississippi allowed college courses to be incorporated into the curriculum of agricultural high schools. The Jones County Agricultural High School evolved into the Jones County Agricultural High School and Junior College. The Jones County Agricultural High School was established in 1911.
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,008
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- The applicant must first be admitted to Jones County Junior College. If you are not a current student, a new application is needed in the JCJC Admissions Office.
- The applicant must be a graduate of an accredited high school or have a satisfactory score on the G.E.D. exam. A high school transcript must be on file in the JCJC Admissions Office.
- The applicant must submit a completed application for admission to the A. D. Nursing program which is a separate application than the one for the college.
- An ACT composite score of 18, or equivalent, is required for admission into the Associate Degree Nursing Program. Attach a copy of your ACT scores if they are not on your transcripts that are submitted with your nursing application.
- An applicant must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0on all previous college academic work. A “C” or better is required on all courses within the nursing curriculum.
- Official college transcripts from ALL schools attended are required and must be on file in the College Admissions Office. Transcripts will NOT be forwarded from the admissions office to our department.
- The applicant must submit scores from the required entrance exam – ATI TEAS® Minimum score of 58.7 is required to be considered for admission.
Jones County Junior College
Address: 900 S Court St, Ellisville, MS 39437
Submit your review
Leave a Reply