The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum at Johnston Community College provides skills, knowledge, and techniques to incorporate safety and quality into nursing care, to practice in an evolving atmosphere, and to satisfy personal needs which impact healthiness, top quality of life, and achievement of potential.
Graduates of this training program meet the criteria to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN). Employment possibilities are large within the global health-care system and may include roles within acute, extended, chronic, industrial, and community health-care amenities.
This nursing education training program is a prospect for accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
About The School
Johnston Community College is a public, two (2) year, post-secondary college situated at 245 College Road, Smithfield, North Carolina, United States of America. Johnston Community College is situated 30 miles east of Raleigh, close to the junction of I-95 and also US 70.
Total estimated program cost is USD $8,777.50
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Current application to Johnston Community College on file in Student Services
- Official transcripts from high school / GED scores and all colleges attended on file in Student Services
- Have a current cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Have graduated or will graduate from high school or the equivalent,as recognized by the State of North Carolina, before entering the Associate Degree Nursing Program
- Complete the College placement test (if required) or meet test exemption requirements
- Complete an interview with a counselor in the Office of Enrollment and Student Success
- Show completion of high school or college level general biology course (with a lab component) with a grade of “C” or higher
- Show completion of high school or college level chemistry course (with a lab component) with a grade of “C” or higher
- BIO courses (168, 169, and 175) over five (5) years old from the year of admittance will not be accepted
- Completion of algebra I or II with a grade of “C” or higher and / or completion of required developmental math courses
- Place into ENG 111 and DMA 060 or DMA 065
- Attend a MANDATORY Health Sciences Information Session
- Complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS).
Johnston Community College
Address: 245 College Rd, Smithfield, NC 27577, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply