Johnson County Community College registered nurse training program ADN is completely certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and endorsed by the Kansas State Board of Nursing.
Graduates of the Johnson County Community College Nursing training program constantly surpass the national average pass rate for the National Licensing Examination for Registered Nursing (NCLEX-RN). The job outlook for RNs is very promising, and employment of registered nurses is anticipated to grow more quickly than the average for all occupations.
A registered nurse with an associate’s degree is a competent health-care professional who administers nursing care straight to patients and their families in many different functions. The selective admissions training program at Johnson County Community College isn’t an easy task to get into, but the struggle is oh-so-worth-it in the long run. As you begin your fulfilling and demanding career in nursing, you will feel comfortable that you’ve had the clinical experience to manage patient care and also truly make a real difference.
About the school
Johnson County Community College (JCCC) is a 245-acre community college situated in Overland Park, Kansas at College Boulevard and Quivira Road, United States Of America. With more than 18,400 credit and continuing education students, Johnson County Community College is the biggest undergraduate school of higher education in the state of Kansas.
The institution was formally founded following a successful county-wide election conducted in March 1967. The current campus was made feasible in 1969 after Johnson County voters endorsed $12.9 million in bonds to buy two hundred acres of land in Overland Park.
Total estimated program cost is USD $10,350
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
- You must have a minimum college cumulative GPA of 2.0, with over 12 college credit hours, to make application.
- If you have fewer than 12 college credits, and it has been less than five years since High School or GED graduation, your High School cumulative grade point average (Minimum 2.8 non-weighted and based on a 4.0 scale) or your GED score will be used (Minimum GED Standard score of 660,165 on each section).
- College credits earned by JCCC students through prior learning credit, as designated on the Testing Services website, must be posted on your JCCC transcript by Jan. 16, 2017. These credits will be acknowledged as fulfilling the nursing requirements; however, they will not be computed into the admission GPA
- GPA for nursing course work must be 2.8 or higher.
- The GPA is calculated only on course work required for the program that has been completed by the application deadline.
- Grades below “C” are not accepted, but will be used to figure your course work GPA.
- ACT (American College Test) Scores
- This requirement may not be waived.
- The ACT test must be taken within three years of the application deadline. Applicants with with a confirmed college degree from an accredited college or university (associate or bachelors) may use prior ACT scores as long as they are results taken from October, 1989, to the present. Degrees must be received from an approved accredited college or university.
- Kansas CNA Certification
- Kansas CNA certification is required for application, or a program director waiver may be granted for active CMA or HHA certifications. The certification must be printed from the KS Nurse Aide Registry, not your card.
- Proof of Residency
- Johnson County Residents receive 10 extra points.
- Previous College Transcripts
- revious college transcripts. It is not necessary to send JCCC transcripts
- High School Transcripts or GED Scores
- High School transcripts or GED scores are only required if you are applying for Federal Financial Aid, or have fewer than 12 college credit hours. Applicants currently enrolled in High School must submit transcripts through the fall semester of their senior year with fall grades posted. Hand carried, faxed or copies issued to students will NOT be accepted.
Johnson County Community College
Address: 12345 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS 66210, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply