In fall 2017, John Tyler Community College will start engaging in a new state-wide syllabus for community college nursing programs. Created by nursing faculty from across Virginia, the new training program is built to fulfill emerging trends in health-care and also concentrates on deep learning of nursing’s most central concepts.
The John Tyler Community College, Nursing Training program, readies persons to enter the registered nursing profession as well as teaches pupils to deliver excellent patient care. Training program duration is five semesters. The Nursing Training program is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). The registered nursing training program is endorsed by the Virginia State Board of Nursing.
About The School
John Tyler Community College (JTCC) is a two (2) year, public institution of higher education and is the 5th biggest of the 23 community colleges in Virginia, USA. John Tyler is certified by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges/Schools and offers seventeen Associate degree programs, eight certificate programs, and thirty (36) career studies certificate programs. It was established in 1967.
Total estimated program cost is USD $16,910
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Be 18 years of age or older by the start date of the first nursing course.
- Have a high school diploma or GED, and have submitted an official high school transcript.
- Be enrolled as a student at JTCC.
- Have completed all required placement testing (seeAdvising).
- Have submitted all official transcripts from each school or college attended.
- Be curriculum placed by the Advising Center
- Students applying for January admission must have completed or be currently enrolled in all first semester courses. Students applying for August admission must have completed or complete all first semester courses by the end of the spring semester. The first semester courses are: ENG 111, BIO 141 (must be taken within 10 years of application) MTH 157 (must be taken within 10 years of application) PSY 230, and SDV 100. A student must have earned a grade of “C” or better in all the first semester nursing courses.
- Have a minimum curricular GPA of 2.5. When calculating the curricular GPA, all attempts at a course within five years will be included in the calculation. For example, if ENG 111 was taken and a grade of “D” received, then retaken and a grade of “B” is received, both grades are included in the computation of the curricular GPA. If the “D” was earned more than 5 years prior to the time of application, the “D” would not be factored into the curricular GPA calculation.
- TEAS V test results will not be accepted for applicants. Applicants must complete the ATI TEAS test within three years of application. Applicants must achieve at least a minimum total score of 45% national percentile and achieve at least a minimum 45% national percentile in each of the four content areas of the test, Math, Reading, Science and English and Language Usage.
John Tyler Community College
Address: 13101 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Chester, VA 23831
Submit your review
Leave a Reply