Jefferson Davis Community College’s nursing program is reputed for producing exceptional nurses. So far, over 1,200 nurses have completed training on the program. The Associate Degree Nursing (RN) Program began in 1970-71, and the first group of students passed out in 1973. There have been many advancements over the years, and the program continues to expand. The program has been approved by the Alabama Board of Nursing and has been accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.
About the school
Jefferson Davis Community College also known as JDCC was founded in 1964 and is named after the President of the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War.
The College has two campuses which include Brewton and Atmore both in Escambia County: JDCC has the Woodfin Patterson Auditorium for cultural events, one-stop Student Services Center, a three-hole practice golf course, and an experiential and recreational learning park. The College also offers the JDCC Workforce Development Program, which gives hands on the
job training for people who wish to advance their value in the labor force.
Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $3,400-$4,100
- Out-of-State: $6,800-$8,136
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Unconditional admission to the college
- Original transcripts from all colleges attended must be in the Registrar’s Office by the
nursing application deadline.
.3. A completed nursing application must be turned into the Nursing Department by
- A minimum of 18 ACT composite score (writing component not required), National or
Residual, is required, and ACT results must be attached to this application.
- A minimum of 2.5 GPA is required on a 4.0 scale based on the nursing required academic
core courses. The core college courses are English Composition I, Intermediate College
Algebra, Anatomy & Physiology I, Anatomy & Physiology II, Microbiology, Human
Growth & Development, Speech, and a Humanities elective (Art or Music Appreciation,
Philosophy, Theater, Religion, or a foreign language).
- A minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA is required for high school students without prior
college work (GED acceptable).
- Eligibility is required for English Composition I, Intermediate College Algebra, and
Anatomy & Physiology I if not previously taken.
- Good standing with the College
- Meet the Essential Functions for nursing
Jefferson Davis Community College
220 Alco Drive
P.O. Box 958 Brewton,
Submit your review