The Nursing students have chances to care for real patients in different clinical settings, and skills are also acquired in simulation labs. The enhanced use of the simulations gets students to undertake roles not available to students in a clinical setting. This allows them to make analytical choices and view the results of the critical choices they make. Ivy Tech utilizes a variety of learning tactics in the classroom and clinical settings to appeal to every learning method.
The Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) program can be concluded in less than two years once welcomed into the program meaning that students can graduate earlier and begin working if they choose. The faculty cares about their students and provides personal tutoring and mentoring. Their statewide cumulative pass rates are constantly high with nursing graduates presently in high demand throughout Indiana. The Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN)student graduates are eligible to apply for the NCLEX-RN licensure examination. Graduates who successfully succeed in the NCLEX-RN examination have great chances to obtain entry-level nursing positions in different health care settings, or they can and transfer to a four-year university and continue their education where they can enroll for an RN to BSN (baccalaureate degree) or RN to MSN (master’s degree) programs to get awarded a bachelor’s or master’s degree in nursing. ASN graduates are trained and competent to work in in hospitals, home health care, nursing and residential care facilities, schools and health departments and physician offices.
About the school
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana (abbreviated to Ivy Tech or Ivy Tech Community College) covering 30 campuses in 14 regions is Indiana’s community college system. It is Indiana’s state’s largest public post-secondary institution and the nation’s largest individually accredited statewide community college system serving about 200,000 students annually. It is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Higher Learning Commission accredits this school.
Annual estimated Cost is $11783
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
General Program Admission Requirements
- Applicants to the School of Nursing must first complete requirements for admission to the College.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with the College, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the time of application to nursing in order to be considered for admission to the program. Students must remain in good academic standing (GPA or 2.0 or higher) in order to continue in nursing (NRSG) courses.
- Applicants transferring general education credits from outside Ivy Tech who have no recorded Ivy Tech GPA, may be eligible for admission based on grades achieved and validated following review of transcripts.
- Applicants to the School of Nursing must complete the ACCUPLACER exam or have a signed waiver on file in the Registrar’s Office. Students must complete all required remedial courses (OXX) and any required co-requisite courses, prior to admission to the program (the first semester of NRSG courses).
- Applicants must score at the PROFICIENT level or higher on the Assessment Technologies Institute, LLC (ATI) Academic Preparedness Category of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) to be considered for admission to the ASN or PN programs.
High School Transcript or GED
- Consistent with Indiana State Board of Nursing (ISBN) requirements, a copy of your completed high school transcript from a state-approved high school or its equivalent, or individual and total GED test scores must be submitted with the online nursing application and will be maintained on file.
- International students will need to provide official credential evaluation from a NACES (http://naces.org) approved organization showing the equivalence of a U.S. high school diploma. Official evaluation must be sent directly from the credential evaluator to the regional campus registrar. A copy must be submitted with the nursing program admission application.
General Education Prerequisite Courses
Completion of the following required prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or higher are required for admission to the ASN programs:
- APHY 101 Anatomy and Physiology I
- ENGL 111 English Composition, and
- PSYC 101 Introduction to Psychology
- MATH 123 or higher is a prerequisite course for students admitted to the ASN program only; however MATH 123 is not included in the selection point system.
Transfer Credit for Prerequisite Courses
Prerequisite courses completed at colleges other than Ivy Tech will only be considered for general education selection points if transfer credit has been awarded and courses appear on the Ivy Tech transcript prior to the application deadline. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that transfer credit has been awarded.
To ensure adequate time for processing of any external college transcripts for points towards admission and/or TEAS test scores, please submit your college transcript and TEAS test as early as possible prior to the application deadline. Applicants must submit official college transcripts to the Registrar’s Office prior to the application deadline to ensure adequate time for processing
Applications and all required documentation must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, by the Application Deadline date.
Reminder: When scheduling TEAS tests and for college transcript submissions, please refer to the college calendar at https://www.ivytech.edu/index.html for campus open hours and holiday closure information.
Ivy Tech Community College-Evansville
Campus Location and Contacts
3501 N. First Avenue, Evansville, IN 47710;
Regional Information Session Info
Attend a Mandatory Advising Workshop (MAW): This is a 2 hour group advising meeting. It will help you learn about the steps necessary to apply for admission to the nursing programs and offer opportunities to explore additional career choices and available student resources. You will register for the date and time that works for you. During the session we will be conducting academic advising meetings for the next academic semester.
Submit your review
Leave a Reply