- The BSN degree training program at IU South Bend strives to offer an innovative curriculum for meeting the present and also long-term health needs of society. The curriculum readies a generalist in professional nursing and also serves as a foundation for graduate study.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree training program is offered at various Indiana University campuses, USA. All campuses share similar entrance standards, training program outcomes, and also courses. Different campuses set admission and also transfer policies and also course sequencing may differ.
- The objective of the Bachelor’s degree training program is to produce graduates who think critically; are cultural, ethically, and also legally qualified; are efficient, politically aware, communicators and also coordinators of community resources. And are proficient providers of health care, professional role models, and also responsible managers. The curriculum focuses on health and well-being and also modifications in states of wellness and viewing individuals as part of their environments.
About the school
- Indiana University South Bend (shortened as IU South Bend) is the 3rd largest campus of the Indiana University system. It is referred to as “IUSB” and is situated in South Bend, Indiana, in St. Joseph County, United States. It was established in the year 1916.
- Indiana University started offering classes in South Bend in the year 1922 as an extension of the primary campus of Indiana University Bloomington. In the high Depression, the superintendent of South Bend schools asked that extra classes be included for individuals who could not afford to attend classes at the Bloomington campus, USA.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $21,060
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Admission to Indiana University as a degree-seeking student.
- Maintenance of a cumulative grade point average of no less than 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Maintenance of an application GPA of no less than 2.7 on a 4.0 scale. Although a 2.7 AGPA is the minimum required for application, admission is competitive and a higher AGPA may be required in a given application pool.
- Completion of chemistry (a one-year high school course, or CHEM-C 101 Elementary Chemistry 1, CHEM-C 121 Elementary Chemistry Laboratory 1 equivalent) with a grade of C (2.0) or higher within the past five years.
- Passing a comprehensive criminal background check and urine drug screening.
- Completion of the following required courses with a grade of C or higher by the second attempt:
- CHEM-C 102 Elementary Chemistry 2
- ENG-W 131 Reading, Writing, and Inquiry I
- MICR-M 250 Microbial Cell Biology
- MICR-M 255 Microbiology Laboratory (2 cr.)
- NURS-B 108 Personal Health and Wellness (2 cr.)
- PHSL-P 261 Human Anatomy and Physiology 1 (5 cr.)
- PHSL-P 262 Human Anatomy and Physiology II (5 cr.)
- PSY-P 103 General Psychology
- PSY-P 216 Life Span Developmental Psychology
- SOC-S 161 Principles of Sociology
Application and admission are valid only for the semester designated. Students who are not offered admission upon the third application attempt become ineligible for admission. Students offered admission to the nursing major must enroll in nursing coursework at a time designated by the School of Nursing.
Address: 1700 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend, IN 46615
Submit your review
Leave a Reply