- In the BS in Nursing training program at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania, you’ll prepare for a career as a registered nurse. RNs are patient advocates focused on promoting health and wellness, preventing disease, and also helping both patients, as well as their families, deal with health care
- Their curriculum prepares you to meet the difficulties of this rewarding profession. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the training program.
- You’ll spend your very first year taking required science and also liberal studies courses. Nursing courses and also clinicals start in the first semester of your sophomore year.
- Clinical locations utilized in the training program include various agencies within about a 60-mile radius of Indiana, Pennsylvania, including Greensburg, Latrobe, DuBois, and also occasionally the Pittsburgh region. During the last six semesters, clinical experiences in patient care are provided in acute and also long-term care facilities and also community settings.
About the school
- The Indiana University of Pennsylvania (shortened as IUP) is a public research institution in Indiana County, Pennsylvania, United States of America. It is among the two largest universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education and thus the commonwealth’s 4th or 5th largest public University.
- As of fall 2016, the institution enlisted 10,618 undergraduates and also 2,235 postgraduates for an overall enrollment of 12,853 students. The school is 55 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
- It is governed by an area Council of Trustees and the Board of Governors of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. IUP has outlet campuses at Punxsutawney, Northpointe, and also Monroeville.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $28,183
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Admission Criteria: A student interested in applying to the Nursing program at IUP requires a minimum SAT score of 1030 (Mathematics and Critical Reading sections only) and a minimum cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0.
Average ACT: composite score of 22
ACT code: 3704.
Address: 1011 SOUTH DRIVE, INDIANA, PA. 15705
Submit your review