- The nursing training program at Indiana University Kokomo is a top quality Bachelor’s degree training program that readies nurses as effective leaders, competent at collaborating with the interdisciplinary health team to promote safety as well as to achieve optimum patient outcomes across various settings, including the hospital, home, and also community. The BSN degree training program combines a strong background in the sciences and also liberal arts with an outstanding education in the profession of nursing. It is tailored to satisfy the needs of beginning pupils and also experienced nurses returning to complete a BSN. A solid background is provided for pupils in practice and also for future graduate study.
- There are 2-degree paths available to students. The Pre-licensure path is for the traditional nursing pupil, while the RN to BSN path is for the currently registered nurse who is pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. Upon completion of the RN to BSN path, a student could continue to earn their master’s degree in nursing with an additional two years of coursework if they met the criteria and went through the competitive application procedure.
About the school
- Indiana University Kokomo is a regional campus in the Indiana University system in Kokomo, Indiana, United States of America. Typically referred to as IUK or IU Kokomo, the institution serves north central Indiana and is the home of the Cougars.
- Indiana University Kokomo is certified by The Higher Learning Commission and is an associate of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $22,560
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Nursing admission is competitive and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the program. The nursing program requirements may change at any time. It is the students’ responsibility to stay in contact with his/her advisors on a regular basis.
- Be admitted to IU Kokomo
- Must be advised by nursing advisor
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA (see Pre-Nursing Courses Info)
- Have a minimum 2.7 pre-nursing GPA
- One of the three required sciences (A 215, P 215, and J 200/J 201) must be completed in order to apply
- MATH-M 117, M 125, M 118, M 119, M 215, or M 133/M 134 must be completed in order to apply
- Meet TEAS score requirements:
- Reading: 80%
- Math: 60%
- Science: 60%
- English: 70%
Category 1: Pass all four areas with minimum requirements
Category 2: Do not pass all four areas with minimum requirements but earn an Adjusted Individual Total Score of 67% overall
If you have met steps 1-7 then you are eligible to apply to the nursing program. Proceed to step 8 below.
- Apply to School of Nursing by the deadlines below:
- Fall deadline – May 10
- Spring deadline – September 10
Address: 2300 S Washington St, Kokomo, IN 46902
Submit your review
Leave a Reply