- Baccalaureate nursing education provides a great foundation in the sciences and also liberal arts, which is required for preparing professional nurses who are effective at practicing in a competent and also responsible fashion as educated citizens in a dynamic and also varied society.
- Graduates of the baccalaureate nursing training program at IU East are expected to demonstrate competency in being a critical thinker; a culturally competent person; a politically aware professional; a knowledgeable coordinator of community resources; a beginning practitioner whose actions are as outlined by professional legal and ethical standards; a competent provider of health care; an individual who exemplifies a positive public image; an efficient communicator; along with a responsible manager.
- The graduate of the BSN training program possesses a vast knowledge of the humanities, the biological and social sciences, and also nursing. As an entry level practitioner, the graduate applies well-developed problem-solving skills in caring for persons, families, and also communities.
About the school
- Indiana University East is a localized campus in the Indiana University system situated in Richmond, Indiana, United States. It is colloquially referred to as IU East. The local campus is 4-structures on 174 acres and also has an enrollment of 4573 students.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $22,580
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
There are two applications needed to pursue a degree in nursing.
First, you must apply through the Office of Admissions. Once admitted, you will work with a pre-nursing advisor for program planning.
Second, each spring semester, the application for the BSN program is available on the IUE School of Nursing and Health Sciences’ website. Your application must be submitted online at https://www.iue.edu/forms/school-of-nursing-application/. You must submit a completed application by March 1.
- You must be admitted through the IUE Office of Admissions
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.7 (4.0 Scale) for all courses attempted
- Minimum Nursing GPA (NGPA) of 3.0
- Successfully complete a minimum of 26 pre-requisite credits (listed below) with a “C” (2.0) or better. C- is not acceptable and is considered failing. One failure is allowed per course provided that the course is taken and passed with a “C” or better on the second attempt.
- Adequate Math Skills required.
Minimum pre-requisite courses needed to apply:
- ENG-W 131 English Composition I (3 cr)
- ENG-W 231 English Composition II, OR SPCH-S 121 Public Speaking (3 cr)
- PSY-P 103 General Psychology (3 cr)
- SOC-S 100 Introduction to Sociology (3 cr)
- Humanities course (3 cr)
- Cultural Diversity course (3 cr)
- Critical/Analytical/Science courses (8 cr).
- Must include Micro J-200/J-201 (4 cr) OR ANAT-A 215 or PHSL-P 215 (5 cr).
- (Pre-requisite BIOL-L 102) (4cr).
Students must complete at least two semesters of chemistry in high school with a grade C or better OR take any college level chemistry class (3 credits minimum, (e.g., CHEM-C 100 (3 cr), CHEM-C 101 (3 cr), CHEM-N 100 (4 cr), CHEM-C 105 (3cr); lab is optional). Chemistry must be completed before Junior year.
Completion of MATH-N 111 Math for Nursing is not required to meet eligibility for admission. However, you must have adequate math skills to be successful in our program. We require successful completion of a statistics course. Statistics must be completed before Junior year. (MATH-N 111 is a pre-requisite of statatistics)
Address: 2325 Chester Blvd, Richmond, IN 47374
Submit your review
Leave a Reply