The Foothills Nursing Consortium is referred to as a cooperative effort by Isothermal Community College, Cleveland Community College, and also McDowell Technical Community College, to create one unit for the purpose of providing education for Associate Degree Nursing pupils via combined support and also operation of the nursing education training program. Isothermal Community College is the managerial division and main location of the three colleges.
The Foothills Nursing Consortium (FN), Associate Degree of Nursing (ADN) training program is endorsed by the North Carolina Community College System Office along with the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
About The School
Isothermal Community College is a 2 year community college situated in Spindale, North Carolina, USA. Called after its site in the thermal belt, it is a part of the North Carolina Community College System.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,035
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Current application for admissions
- Official high school transcript or GED scores
- Official college transcript(s) from all colleges, including nursing programs attended
- Minimum required college GPA is 2.5 or bachelor’s degree
To sit for the PSB-RN, the GPA is based on a minimum of 12 Hours of college credit calculated as follows:
Most recent college cumulative GPA if there is a minimum of 12 hours of college credit
If less than 12 credit hours of college is earned, then use the un-weighted high school GPA
If the applicant has a GED, then advise to take 12 college credits before applying
If there are multiple transcripts with courses taken in the same most recent time period, then at least one transcript has a 2.5 cumulative GPA calculated using a minimum of 12 college credit hours
- Attend the Allied Health/Health Sciences Information Session
- Submit three (3) references- References must be no more than one-year-old
at the time of the general admission requirement deadline. References must be received by the admitting college in envelopes sealed by the reference persons on forms provided.
- Prior to admission completion of pre-requisite biology and chemistry courses with a “B” in high school or a “C” in college. (BIO 111 and/or BIO 165 or
BIO 168) and (CHM 131/131A).
Isothermal Community College
Address: 286 I C C Loop Rd, Spindale, NC 28160, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply