- Earning a BSN degree offers students numerous career options, including graduate school. Indiana Wesleyan University offers incorporated educational experiences that include the presentation of present medical knowledge with practical hands-on Whether they start the training program as incoming freshmen or practicing professionals, all the students graduate totally prepared for service in settings starting from clinics and hospitals to the mission field.
- Within this career-focused major, you will get ready for an exciting future of lifelong learning and also professional growth. The four-year training program, with a Christ-centered approach along with a global point of view, readies nurses to practice in all health care settings.
- After completing the degree training program, students apply for a nursing license from the state board of nursing and also sit for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX).
- If you presently POSSESS a Bachelor’s degree in a different field from any certified institution of higher learning and are enthusiastic about becoming a nurse, then the Indiana Wesleyan University Transition to Nursing training program is for you. This accelerated training program offers you the chance to become a nurse in just 14 months.
About the school
- Indiana Wesleyan University (typically known as IWU ) is a non-public, evangelical Christian, liberal arts institution headquartered in Marion, Indiana, United States, that is associated with the Wesleyan Church denomination.
- IWU is the largest associate of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities as well as the largest non-public school in Indiana. IWU’s original campus was referred to first as Marion Normal College (1890–1912) after which as Marion Normal Institute (1912–1918).
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,560
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- 0 cumulative high school GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Completed ECE application, signed by guidance counselor or principal; by parent serving as the school administrator for homeschooled students
- Signed Personal Conduct Commitment
- Official high school transcript (first-time ECE students only)
- Recommendation from guidance counselor or principal; an adult other than a parent or family member for homeschooled students (first-time ECE students only)
- Students must reapply for every term and submit all of the required paperwork
- To maintain satisfactory academic progress and continue in the ECE program, students must earn a grade of C or higher for each course completed
Transition to Nursing
- Previous baccalaureate degree with a GPA of 2.75 or above
- TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) with scores of at least 65% in all four categories
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- College algebra or higher level math course
Science prerequisites must include onsite wet labs. Science course syllabi must be submitted for reviews. All prerequisite coursework must be completed with a minimum grade of “C.”
Address: 4201 S. Washington St., Marion, IN 46953
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews
Leave a Reply