The Indian River State College’s Associate Degree Nursing program gives rise to an Associate in Science Degree in Nursing and offers successful candidates the eligibility to apply for National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing accredited the program.
About The School
Indian River State College (IRSC) is a state college established in 1959 as Indian River Junior College located in a former public school building in Fort Pierce, Florida, to serve the counties of Martin, St. Lucie. Okeechobee, and Indian River.
The Aspen Institute named the college as one of the ten best community colleges in the United States in September 2014. IRJC moved to its current main campus at Virginia Avenue in 1963 after the city of Fort Pierce donated the site to the institution.
The Board of Trustees determined that a more fitting name was needed to reflect the College’s service to the community in 1970; this gave rise to a new name – Indian River Community College. This was in conformance with the national movement for public junior colleges to replace the word “junior” for ‘Community.” Within the precincts of the College, the school is called The River or ‘the ersk’, pronouncing the school’s acronym, IRSC.
Total program cost is $7,475.76 for Florida residents and $28,115.28 for non-residents.
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Final consideration for admission into the ADN program will be based upon the Health Science Admissions Committee review and scoring of the following criteria by the application deadline:
1) IRSC Admission status must be complete. All official transcripts must be on file in Educational Services.
2) Application to Health Science Division must be filed and paid.
3) Completion of (required) Anatomy & Physiology I with Lab (BSC 2093 & BSC 2093L) with grade of “C” or higher.
5) IRSC and College Cumulative GPA must be a 3.0 or higher.
6) NLN Pre-Admission Exam score of 110.
7) Grade points earned for specified coursework (see page 6) completed will be tallied.
8) Applicant must be 18 years of age prior to first class day.
9) IRSC in district students are given priority in selection process.
Indian River State College
3201 Virginia Avenue
Fort Pierce, FL 34981
Submit your review