Imperial Valley College (IVC) is a college in Imperial County, California, United States. Established in 1962, the college presently enrolls around 7,000 students annually. The major campus is situated on a 160-acre site in the city of Imperial. The extended campuses are situated in El Centro and also Brawley.
The Imperial Valley College had its starting on May 9, 1922, with the name of Central Junior College, launching in September that year. Initially at Central Union High School, two years afterward a new college named Brawley Junior College was launched. Brawley Junior College had to shut in 1947 as a result of lack of attendance. For that reason, Central Junior College was now acquiring students from all over the Imperial Valley; pupils and faculty desired to change the school name to a much more representative one. The Board of Trustees formally changed to Imperial Valley College in late 1951.
The Imperial Community College District was established by a vote of the Constituency in the year 1959, and a bond issue then endorsed construction of a new campus on a 160-acre package at Aten Road and Highway 111.
The Imperial Valley College Nursing Program graduated the very first nursing class in 1973 and has since offered courses in registered nursing. The training program is fully authorized by the CA Board of Registered Nursing and after two years, the student is qualified to receive the Imperial Valley College Associate of Science (AS) Degree in Registered Nursing and take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN).
Total program cost is USD $9,450
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Students meeting the criteria below are eligible to submit an application to the Associate Degree Nursing Program at IVC:
- 18 years of age or older
- Applied to IVC and obtained a Student or G#
- In good health and able to lift a minimum of 35lb
- Passing of the TEAS Pre-entrance Test with a 62% or higher score
- Completion of the prerequisite courses with a 2.5 GPA or higher:
- BIOL 220 (General Microbiology), and BIOL 200 (Human Anatomy & Physiology Pt 1) and BIOL 202(Human Anatomy & Physiology Pt 2), or
- BIOL 220, BIOL 204 (Human Anatomy) and BIOL 206(Human Physiology)
- BIOL classes have prerequisite courses–refer to the course descriptions in the College Catalog
- Fixed Set General Education:
- PSY 204 (Developmental Psychology -Lifespan), ENG 110 (Composition & Reading), MATH 91 (Intermediate Algebra), and SOC 101 (Introductory Sociology) or ANTH 102 (Cultural Anthropology), and COMM 100 or SPCH 100 (Oral Communication.
Imperial Valley College
Address: 380 E Aten Rd, Imperial, CA 92251, USA
Submit your review