The training program is specifically made to ready pupils for a career as a registered nurse. Successful graduates of the Nursing degree training program serve the health requirements of persons in many different health-care settings and are well prepared academically and also clinically to work in hospitals, nursing and also rehabilitation amenities and doctor’s offices. Nurses additionally act as advocates and also health educators for patients, families and also communities.
Training program graduates meet the requirements to take the National Comprehensive Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses (RN). The Nursing training program is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
This academic training program is mainly created for those who desire to enter the workforce right after graduation. Many graduates of the training program proceed with their education at the baccalaureate level and beyond.
About The School
Hudson Valley Community College, a SUNY affiliated two (2) year college, is situated in Troy in Rensselaer County, New York, USA. Although about 80 % of the pupils are from the local area, the remainders are from other regions of New York, other states and also from some thirty nations around the world.
Hudson Valley Community College presently rates as the largest undergraduate institution with regards to enrollment in the Capital Region.
Expanding out of the Veteran’s Vocational School in downtown Troy, New York in the year 1946, the college was established in 1953 as the Hudson Valley Technical Institute. At first, the function of the institution was to offer practical hands-on vocational training for veterans coming back from World War II.
Total estimated program cost is USD $18,120
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Admission to the Nursing program at Hudson Valley Community College will require a complete application for admission to be on file in the Admissions Office no later than Feb. 1. Applications received after Feb. 1 will be considered on a space available basis.
- All science and psychology courses must have been taken within five years in order to be applicable toward this degree program.
- Algebra or 1 unit of equivalent academic math, biology and chemistry w/labs (75 or above for Regents or 85 or above for non-Regents in each course).
- CPR certificate required for clinical courses. Grade of “B” required in non-credit bearing courses. Grade of “C” required in credit bearing math and science courses.
- Applicants must provide evidence of a diploma from an accredited high school or an equivalency diploma.
- The college recommends, but does not require, that applicants complete the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) as an aid to course placement
Hudson Valley Community College
Address: 80 Vandenburgh Ave, Troy, NY 12180
Submit your review
Leave a Reply