- The staff, faculty, and also student body are honored to be associated with Christian universities in the West Texas region to offer a BS in Nursing (BSN) degree. There at the Patty Hanks Shelton School of Nursing (PHSSN), they are devoted to preparing you to sit for the national licensing examination (NCLEX) to become a registered nurse.
- As an associate of the PHSSN family, you will be in a cohort of pupils from Hardin-Simmons University who have completed 2-years of general education requirements, as well as have been accepted into their nursing training program to complete the final 2-years of nursing education.
- On your quest to becoming a Registered Professional Nurse, you will have the chance to experience an intro to nursing in some of the area’s premiere healthcare organizations, take part in interactive courses, perfect your expertise in a state-of-the-art clinical simulation laboratory, and also join nursing Their affiliations with community organizations and also nurses will expose you to a plethora of skills and also highlight several nursing specialties.
- At Patty Hanks Shelton School of Nursing, they are dedicated to preparing nursing pupils for Christian leadership and also service all over Texas, the country, and the world. They anticipate meeting and also working with you to help you prepare for an exciting career in nursing.
About the school
- Hardin–Simmons University (HSU) is a non-public Baptist university situated in Abilene, Texas, United States Of America.
- HSU is a fully certified school and also offers six undergraduate degrees with 70 majors, and also seven graduate degrees with eighteen programs. Pre-professional programs include dentistry, physical therapy, engineering, medicine, law, pharmacology, and also a seminary.
- Hardin–Simmons University was established as Abilene Baptist College in 1891 by the Sweetwater Baptist Association along with a group of cattlemen and also pastors who wanted to bring Christian higher education to the Southwest.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $28,160
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
All Applicants must complete the Application Process, which will then be reviewed by the PHSSN Admissions Committee to determine if students meet the below requirements.
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) must be a minimum of a 3.00 on a 4.00 scale
- Completion of all nursing prerequisite courses with a letter grade of ‘C’ or higher (Letter grade of less than ‘C’ will not be accepted toward Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree) Course Exception: Pathophysiology must have a minimum of a ‘B’
- Students are also required to take a Nursing Entrance Exam
- Completion of General Education and Prerequisite coursework before entering first semester at PHSSN
Address: 2200 Hickory St, Abilene, TX 79601, USA
Submit your review