- The baccalaureate training program is created on the foundation of liberal arts and also nursing education that is focused towards developing students’ skills in critical thinking, effective communication, and the utilization of a systemic process for decision making.
- The Basic Path Training program of study is offered for high school graduates and also transfer students. It is sequenced over four academic years with the concentration of courses for the nursing major at the junior and also senior levels (upper division). The very first 2-years (lower division) demand completion of the liberal education, which provides a basis in the natural and physical sciences, humanities, psychosocial sciences, and also fine arts. A foundation in liberal education provides the required knowledge for the development of critical thinking and also decision making for nursing practice.
- Transfer pupils who have finished the foundational liberal education requirements as well as have at least cumulative GPA of 2.8 may submit an application for admission to the upper division training program of study. Science courses should have been completed in the last 5-years of application to the training program. The top division training program of study commences the summer preceding the junior year and also continues for two consecutive academic years.
About the school
- Howard University (also referred to as HU or just Howard) is a federally chartered, non-public, coeducational, nonsectarian, traditionally black university (HBCU) in Washington, D.C, United States.
- It is acknowledged by the Carnegie Foundation as a research school with high research activity as well as being certified by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The school was chartered on March 2nd, 1867.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $28,500
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) score of 1020 or an American College Test (ACT) score of 22
- Submit an official high school transcript with satisfactory completion of:
- 4 years English
- 2 years Sciences (w/lab)
- 2 years Social Science
- 3 years Mathematics
- 2 years Foreign Language
- Submit two letters of recommendation:
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher
- One letter of recommendation from a high school counselor
- Submit an admission essay
- Submit a completed report of Medical History and Immunization(s)
Address: 2400 Sixth St NW, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Submit your review