The Nursing Training program initiates an Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree for qualified pupils who effectively complete the five semesters of study. Men and women are prepared to emerge as registered nurses upon satisfactory completion of the course of study and also acceptable performance on the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN). Admittance to the nursing training program class is either day time or even evening classes.
The structure of the nurse education training program embodies fundamental needs, the nursing procedure, and the Associate Degree Nurse (A.D.N.) proficiencies. Pupils make use of the nursing procedure in the care of patients in acute general care hospitals and also nursing homes. Aside from hospitals, pupils will work with individuals in the community. Evening Training program Option – Admittance is in the Spring Semester, and also Graduation is in December (four clinical semesters). Daytime Training program Option – Admittance is in the Fall Semester, and also Graduation is in June (four clinical semesters) Associate in Applied Science
Program is certified by and signed up with the New York State Education Department
About The School
Eugenio María de Hostos Community College is a community institution in the City University of New York system situated in the South Bronx, New York City, United States.
Hostos Community College was developed by an act of the Board of Higher Education in the year 1968 as a reaction to needs from the Hispanic/Puerto Rican community, which was advocating for the creation of a college to serve the men and women of the South Bronx. In the year 1970, the college admitted its very first class of 623 pupils at the site of a past tire factory. Many years afterward, the college relocated to a bigger site close by at 149th Street and Grand Concourse.
Total estimated program cost is USD $20,170
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- A 3.0 G.P.A with a B- or higher in ENG 110, BIO 230, 240, 310, CHE 105, MATH 105 or 120 is required for entry into the RN Program. Only one course below minimum requirement is allowed to be repeated All other prerequisite courses must earn a grade of C or higher No Sciences older than 5 years will be accepted at the time of entry into NUR 216.
- ENG 110 Expository Writing
- PSY 101 General Psychology
- BIO 230 Anatomy and Physiology I
- *MAT 120 Statistics 0 credits
- ENG 111 Literature and Composition
- *BIO 240 Anatomy and Physiology II
- PSY 110 Life-Span Development of Behavior
- SOC 101 Introduction to Sociology
- HLT 215 Nutrition
- *BIO 310 Microbiology
- *CHE 105 Chemistry for Allied Health Sciences
- Students are required to complete all pre-requisites prior to the start of the clinical nursing component. * ENG 110, BIO 230, 240, 310, CHE 105 and MAT 105 or MAT 120 requires a minimum grade of B- for admission to the RN Program. BIO 310 may be taken with NUR 216 but it is highly recommended it be completed before NUR 216.
- The ATI TEAS Test is required for admission to the Nursing Program.
Hostos Community College
Address: 500 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY 10451
Submit your review
Leave a Reply