The Associate in Applied Science in Nursing (ADN) degree in Grand Strand campus grooms pupils for the challenges of contemporary health-care.
Graduates of the training program will be prepared to take the National Council Licensure Examination for registered nurse (NCLEX-RN). Upon satisfactory completion of the examination as well as licensure by a State Board of Nursing, graduates are identified as Registered Nurse (RN) and are prepared to react to the transforming health-care requirements in many different functions.
The Nursing and also Practical Nursing programs are endorsed by the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation Board of Nursing and are certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN). It also offers LPN-ADN option.
About The School
Horry Georgetown Technical College is a two (2) year higher-education institution situated in Conway, South Carolina, USA. It is associated with the South Carolina Technical College System. It was established in 1966.
The Grand Strand campus is situated in the heart of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, certainly one of the nation’s top tourist and resort locations. The Grand Strand campus is HGTC’s second largest campus and also has the quickest growth in amenities and pupil enrollment.
Total estimated program cost is USD $16,176
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Applicants will be accepted into the Nursing – ADN program by completing a weighted admission form. Students with the highest scoreswill receive admission to the program. A waiting list of applicants will not be maintained for future admission. An applicant who receivesnotification that he/she was not admitted to the program must resubmit the Nursing – ADN Application by the program applicationdeadline date to be considered for admission to the next available class.
- Criminal Background Check prior to acceptance
- Urine Drug Screeningprior to acceptance
- Submit a Health Sciences Division Student Health Record Form indicating the candidate has the ability to perform the physical tasks required in the program prior to enrollment in the first nursing course.
- Complete and pass the General Hospital Orientation.
- Proof of CPR certification for Health Care Providers prior to and throughout curriculum.
- Review and acknowledge the Technical Standards of the Nursing – ADN Department
- GPAof 2.75 on all required general education and support courses. A minimum grade of C is also required in all courses required for Nursing – ADN.
- Have met on of the following two admission options:
- Be eligible for BIO 210, ENG 101 and MAT 110 or MAT 120 and met the required score on the TEAS. TEAS scores are valid for 2 years from testing date. Students may retest every 3 months.
- Successful completion of all 9 Health Science Nursing Core Courses with a minimum grade of “C” and a GPA of at least 2.75. (MAT and BIO time limits apply.)
- Payment of a non-refundable tuition deposit.
- All applicants must be at least 17 years of age by the semester of admittance to Nursing 101.
- Complete the online Nursing.
LPN- ADN TRANSITION
- Current LPN licensure in South Carolina.
- Note: HGTC Practical Nursing Graduate, who has not taken boards, with at least a 2.75 GPA for both the general education requirements and the PNR program is eligible for admission. These students must follow a four semester enrolment plan. Students who are not licensed LPNs in SC by the deadline will be withdrawn from the program.
- Submitted all documentation to meet HGTC admission requirements;
- Transfer students must meet College transfer student admission requirements;
- Minimum placement test scores from one of the following tests: SAT, ACT, or ACCUPLACER, the College placement test. The Developmental Studies sequence is required if minimum placement test scores are not achieved;
- Students must pass a criminal background check and urine drug screening 30 days prior to starting clinical each semester.
- Submit a Health Sciences Division Student Health Record Form indicating the candidate has the ability to perform the physical tasks required in the program prior to enrolment in the first nursing course.
- Successful completion (minimum grade of C) of the 9 nursing core courses (BIO 210, BIO 211, BIO 225, ENG 101, ENG 102, MAT 110/120, PSY 201, SPC 205, and Humanities) with a GPA of at least a 2.75. (BIO 211 and BIO 225 -5 year time limit and MAT – 10 year time limit).
Once applicants have completed these requirements, they will be granted acceptance into Advanced Placement for Practical Nurses, based on selection for available class seats.
Horry Georgetown Technical College- Grand Strand Campus
Address: 743 Hemlock Avenue Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Phone: (843) 477-0808
Submit your review