Hopkinsville Community College Associate Degree Nursing Training program prepares graduates for a challenging career in health-care. A degree in Nursing offers a variety of opportunities that can lead to career advancement in acute and also chronic care of victims.
The objectives of nursing education at Hopkinsville Community College are to build the capability in graduates to improve human flourishing, display sound nursing judgment, build professional identification and also possess a spirit of inquiry to be able to enhance patient outcomes.
About the school
Hopkinsville Community College (HCC), situated in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, United States, is among the 16 two-year, open-admissions colleges of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). Established in 1965, Hopkinsville Community College maintains a primary campus in Hopkinsville and an outlet campus on the Fort Campbell Army base.
HCC is certified by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). They offer Associate in Science (AS) and Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degrees.
Total estimated program cost $13,600
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Submit an application to Hopkinsville Community College to the Admissions Office. All college admission requirements must be met.
- Submit other official college transcripts to the Office of the Registrar for evaluation. The Registrar’s office has the final determination in what credits will transfer from other institutions.
- Submit official ACT scores to the Admissions Office. Register at actstudent.org.
- Minimum acceptable score for consideration to the nursing program is a composite of 20 or SAT CR+M combined score of 940.
- The writing portion of the ACT is not required for the nursing program.
- ACT of 20 is a prerequisite. The ACT requirement may be waived in the following situations:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited University/College
- Holds a current unencumbered license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Obtains a composite score of 130 or higher on the NLN Pre-Admission Exam (PAX-RN).
- Completion of the following prerequisites or equivalent courses transferred from another college:
- BIO137 (Anatomy & Physiology I)
- PSY110 (General Psychology)
- MAT150 (College Algebra)
- Digital literacy must be demonstrated by IC3 competency exam or successful completion of a digital literacy course.
Student must earn a minimum of a “C” in all science, math, and pre-requisite courses.
- Proof of active status on a state Nurse Aide Registry
Hopkinsville Community College
720 North Drive, PO Box 2100, Hopkinsville, KY 42241-2100
Phone (270) 707-3700
Toll Free 18665342224
Submit your review
Leave a Reply