Holyoke Community College offers an Associate Degree in Nursing ADN Program that allows the students to develop new skills and obtain the knowledge to assist people in the future. They may be starting a tough career, but the information that they will receive by acquiring this degree will be enough at the beginning. They can continue their studies after an AS by just adding the number of credits to a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
About the school
Holyoke Community College (HCC) is a two-year public community college situated in Holyoke, Massachusetts. It offers associate degrees including transfer program for students to acquire credits for transfer to other colleges.
HCC currently provides over 100 associate degree and certificate choices, plus adult basic education/GED programs, training and education for business and industry, and noncredit community education classes.
Out of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, HCC has the greatest number of students that usually transfer to four-year colleges and universities; it also awards second to the highest number of associate degrees and other certificates.
Tuition + Educational Service Fee + Facility Fee
|New England Regional||$13,680|
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- The completed HCC application.
- Attend a mandatory Nursing Information Session between February 1, 2016 and January 31, 2017. Information sessions dates and times can be found on the website
www.hcc.edu/events or on your admissions account portal www.hcc.edu/apply.
- Verification of college level English and Mathematics readiness. For verification provide one or more of the following:
1) An official college transcript with college level courses in English and Mathematics with a grade of C- or better or completion of the highest level of developmental English and Mathematics courses with a grade of C- or better.
2) Accuplacer test scores of ≥82 in Algebra for Mathematics and test scores of ≥70 in Reading and ≥80 in Sentence Skills for English. To take the Accuplacer placement test at HCC please contact the Assessment Center at 413.552.2015, identify yourself as a nursing student to set up an appointment.
- NLN Pre-Admissions Exam (PAX) required for ASN and PN applicants. NLN NACE I exams required for LPN2RN transition program. There are 3 NACE I exams.
1+1 transition program applicants are exempt from the PAX and NACE exams.
- An official transcript from your high school or an official GED/HiSET transcript. All documents must be received directly from the high school or testing facility. International high school credentials must be translated and evaluated to U.S. standards through an approved credential evaluating agency. Approved agencies can be found at www.naces.org or CED in Boston www.cedevaluations.com.
- Official transcripts for all college/universities attended. International college/university transcripts need only be evaluated if seeking transfer credit to HCC. Approved agencies can be found at www.naces.org or CED in Boston www.cedevaluations.com.
- All applicants must meet with the HCC’s Health Services nurse (Frost 105) well in advance of the application deadline date of February 1, 2017. Titers, Immunization records and the HPAH record must be FAXED BY THE MD’S OFFICE TO HEALTH SERVICES AT 413.552.2121 BY THE APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE.
- Submit all required supplemental documents for your program (ASN, PN, or transition). The supplemental items required for your program are listed on the checklist contained in this packet or you can access them by logging into your admissions accounts at www.hcc.edu/apply and choosing supplements.
Note: you will be able to verify if your documents have been received on this portal.
- Students whose native language is not English and those who have not completed grades K-12 in the United States must demonstrate English proficiency by having completed Language and Literature I with a grade of C+ or better, or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. college or university or achieve a minimum of 213 on the computer version or 550 on the paper/pencil version of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Holyoke Community College
303 Homestead Ave. Holyoke, MA 01040
Submit your review