- The ADN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing training program in Holy Names University is built for Registered Nurses (RNs) who have an associate degree and who want to acquire a Bachelor of Science degree while currently employed. The Registered Nurse to BSN training program was amended in 2014 to a fifteen month Associate Degree in Nursing to BSN training program.
- The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to BSN training program is designed for Licensed Vocational Nurses who desire to pursue a BS degree and licensure as a Registered Nurse while currently employed. The program has reached capacity and is no more accepting applications.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs.
About the school
- Holy Names University is a non-public, coeducational university situated in Oakland, California, United States. It is associated with the Roman Catholic Church and is controlled by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
- The institution was formerly founded as the Convent of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart in the year 1868 by six associates of the Sisters of the Holy Names, a teaching order from Quebec, Canada. They were invited to Oakland, USA by Father Michael King, pastor of Saint Mary’s Cathedral to build a school for girls and to provide a way to train future instructors.
- Holy Names University is situated on a wooded, sixty-acre site in the Oakland Hills approximately 5 miles southeast of the Montclair district.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $29,705
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Completed online application.
- Current California license as a Registered Nurse.
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or better.
- Official Transcripts of ALL college/university coursework previously completed.
- Written Personal Statement explaining who you are, what has influenced your career path so far, professional interests and where you plan to go from here (1 – 3 pages)
- One letter of recommendation (letter or form)
- A TOEFL score of 550 or higher if English is the applicant’s second language
International Students – You will need to request 2 copies of each transcript from each institution you attended. One copy of each transcript must be mailed to in a sealed envelope directly from the institution to Holy Names University, Office of Admission. International Student Transcripts are evaluated by World Education Services (WES), a professional evaluation service.
Address: 3500 Mountain Blvd, Oakland, CA 94619
Submit your review