The Associate Degree Nursing Training program in Holmes Community College offers a curriculum for anyone seeking an Associate Degree Nursing degree and to meet the requirements to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) along with licensing from the Mississippi State Board of Nursing.
The training program is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
The Associate Degree Nursing Training program at Holmes Community College has implemented the objective of informing our communities of great interest every year concerning our NCLEX-RN pass rate percentage score for the preceding year.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Holmes Community College is a community college situated in the state of Mississippi, United States, headquartered in the Goodman Campus in Goodman.
The system has three campuses in the cities of Ridgeland, Grenada, and Goodman, which is the site of the primary or original campus. Holmes has outlet campuses in Kosciusko and also Webster County.
Holmes Community College can trace its foundation to 1911 when plans were made to set up Holmes County Agricultural High School in Goodman, Mississippi, USA. Holmes Community College initially started as Holmes County Agricultural High School, founded in 1911 when the town of Goodman made available 40 acres of land and the Board of Trustees purchased 42 acres of land on the west side of Goodman, Mississippi.
In the year 1922, the Mississippi Legislature made it lawful for agricultural high schools to include two years of college work.
Total estimated program cost is USD $14,730
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
The Associate Degree Nursing Program is competitive. The requirements stated below are minimum requirements.
- The student must complete and pass with a C or higher the following course as prerequisites for admission into the ADNP at Holmes Community College – Total 15 hours: BIO 2514 –A&P I, BIO 2524 – A&P II, BIO 2924 – Microbiology, BIO 1613 – Nutrition.
- ACT Requirements: Applicants for the nursing program are required to have an ACT composite score of 18 or higher, with a score of 17* or higher in math and an 18 or higher in reading.
- Submit the following to the Holmes Community College Admissions Office, P.O. Box 398, Goodman, MS 39079: A transcript from every college you have attended. Courses are only recognized by Holmes when they are sent on a transcript from the school that issued the course credit. Submit your high school transcript or GED transcript if you have never attended college, and your ACT scores.
- Opt I and Opt II LPN’s must have a minimum of 6 months Medical Surgical experience.
- A 2.00 Academic GPA is required on all previous college work; Vocational/Technical classes are not calculated in this GPA.
Holmes Community College
Address: 1 Hill St, Goodman, MS 39079