Hocking College offers four (4) clinical/theory semester, that leads to an associate’s degree (AD). The Associate of Applied Science in Nursing readies pupils to apply and take the National Council of Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
Pupils will need to complete Pre-Clinical requirements, for instance, a background check, physical examination, drug screen, STNA Certification and CPR for the Professional Rescuer general coursework before beginning clinical coursework.
Endorsed by the Ohio Board of Nursing and certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Hocking College also offers a Practical Nursing to Registered Nursing transition training program.
About The School
Hocking College is a technical college situated in Nelsonville, Ohio, United States, in the Appalachian region of the States. It offers lots of associate degree programs and a number of certification programs.
Hocking College came into life as the Tri-County Institute. In the 1960s, the demand for a vocational school became noticeable in Southeast Ohio via demographic studies and also population surveys.
The Tri-County Institute was created on the campus of the Tri-County Joint Vocational School with the institutions sharing laboratory and also service areas. Fall 1968 marked the launching of the Institute with roughly two hundred and fifty pupils and twenty-eight instructors. In 1975, the college moved its primary campus to its present site on Hocking Parkway.
Total estimated program cost is USD $23,565
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Apply to the hocking nursing program
- High school graduates and persons holding a GED.
- An official high school transcript (showing graduation from an accredited high school or approved homeschool curriculum) or GED must be submitted prior to your first term of enrollment.
- Request that an official transcript or GED be mailed to the Registrar’s Office. Faxed and hand carried transcripts or GEDs are not accepted.
- Take the accuplacer test.
- Take the HESI admission test
- Participate in a panel interview.
Hocking College Of Nursing
Address: 3301 Hocking Parkway Nelsonville, OH 45764
Phone: (740) 753-3591
Submit your review