- Hiram College educates nurses to be compassionate caregivers who are clinically proficient, ethically grounded and socially and also culturally responsible. Hiram nursing pupils train on campus and off, in amenities and also clinical environments that considered to be some of the best in the nation.
- Hiram nursing students receive a well-rounded education: they learn the scientific skills necessary be knowledgeable health care providers and also gain clinical experiences that prepare them to be leaders in the field. Simultaneously, they benefit from their 165-year liberal arts tradition. This tradition readies them to think well and also with discipline, to understand that knowledge is interlinked and also interdisciplinary and to be critical observers of how the world works. They see difficulties, alternatives, solutions and also aspects of life that more narrowly-trained minds will not.
- These skills, along with the skills and knowledge in the discipline of nursing, are necessary to the preparation of those who serve as professional
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Hiram College is certified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and also endorsed by the Ohio Board of Nursing.
About the school
- Hiram College is a non-public liberal arts college situated in Hiram, Ohio, United States. It was established in 1850 as the Western Reserve Eclectic Institute by Amos Sutton Hayden as well as other associates of the Disciples of Christ Church.
- The school is nonsectarian and coeducational. It is certified by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $28,190
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
For nursing admission decisions, particular attention will be paid to academic achievement in life science, chemistry and mathematics courses, and the standardized testing composite, science and math sub-scores (the ACT is the test of choice). In addition to the general Hiram College admission requirements, it is recommended that students interested in the nursing major have:
- A minimum high school GPA of 2.75
- An ACT composite score of 22, with a math and scientific reasoning sub-score of 22 or higher
- Completion of high school Biology, Chemistry, and Algebra I and II with a grade of “B” or better in each
Students meeting the above guidelines are admitted directly into the nursing curriculum that prepares them for the clinical sequence. Clinical sequence participation will be determined by the level of academic achievement at Hiram College.
Address: 11715 Garfield Rd, Hiram, OH 44234, USA
Submit your review