The idea of Associate Degree Nursing was created out of innovative research carried out across the United States of America in the 1950s which showed that people could be prepared in 2 years to be experienced and caring registered nurses (RNs) who would turn out to be “the heart of bedside nursing care. The objective of the nursing training program is to serve the present and future health-care needs of clients, families, and towns by facilitating within pupils the development of clinical judgment as well as a passion to provide others through a holistic, extensive approach to client-centered care.
As time passes, associate degree nursing has confirmed its merit. Annually, more AD-prepared graduates take the licensure examination than those prepared by either the diploma or even four (4) year BSN educational routes.
In the year 2014, 55 percent of the U.S. candidates taking the NCLEX-RN licensure examination were graduates of associate degree nursing programs, according to National Council of State Boards of Nursing. In the clinical environment, associate degree nurses perform many different nursing roles with capability and caring. ADN training program outcomes in Hesston College are: Providing safe, holistic nursing care with clinical expertise and responsibility and also Displaying critical thinking when making choices and creating priorities.
About the school
Hesston College, a college established in 1909, is situated in Hesston, Kansas, United States Of America, 35 miles (56 km) north of Wichita. The institution has an enrollment of approximately 400 students who normally come from about thirty states and also 15 other nations.
In 1909, the Mennonite Church established the Hesston College, simply because a lot of the early settlers were Mennonite farmers. In the year 1981, the Dyck Arboretum of the Plains was established at the college.
The primary fifty acres (twenty ha) Hesston campus includes twelve buildings, such as two residential dormitories, library, an administration building, some academic buildings, and two gymnasiums. It also has a baseball diamond, two racquetball courts, a weight room, soccer field, and four tennis courts.
Total estimated program cost is USD $12,350
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete and submit the Hesston College Application for Admission.
- Complete and submit the Hesston College Nursing program application.
- Provide two references. If employed in health care, one reference must be from current employer. References may also come from other employers, supervisors, teachers, coaches, pastors, etc. References from personal friends or relatives are not accepted. Forms are available online or from the Admissions Office.
- Submit official high school transcripts or GED scores.
- Submit official ACT, SAT or ASSET test scores.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges, universities and other schools attended.
Address: 301 S Main St, Hesston, KS 67062, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply