This associate of science in nursing (ASN) degree training program is endorsed by the Wisconsin State Board of Nursing to develop pupils to take the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) and to start a professional nursing career.
Graduates will be qualified to incorporate nursing knowledge, critical thinking, and also advanced nursing skills in the health-care world when managing care for several patients with complex problems. Theoretical and also practical instruction is matched with clinical experience in many different health-care settings to be able to provide a vast, holistic, and reality-based understanding of the positions and also duties of a professional nurse.
Pupils will take part in planned clinical and also laboratory experiences that will match classroom learning and also stress health promotion along with disease procedures. Graduates will be qualified to take the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses and will be ready for entry-level roles as a registered nurse (RN). A minimum of 70 .00 semester credit hours is needed for graduation.
About The School
As the primary campus for Herzing University, the Madison Wisconsin campus offers state-of-the-industry classrooms and also labs, and an engaged and also inspired staff and faculty willing to motivate you.
Initially referred to as the Wisconsin School of Electronics, at present Herzing University – Madison covers a 40,000-square-foot facility specially designed for technology and health-care programs, which includes labs for electronics, networking, software development, and practical medical competencies training.
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,230
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- A GED
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- A certificate demonstrating that the student has passed a state-authorized examination (for example, the California High School Proficiency Exam) that the state recognizes as the equivalent of a high school diploma. Note that certificates of attendance and/or completion are not included in this qualifying category.
- An academic transcript of a student who has successfully completed at least a two-year program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor’s degree (i.e., an associate’s degree) from an accredited postsecondary institution.
- A foreign diploma or transcript that is equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma. International students must comply with all application requirements
- A high school or college grade point average (GPA) of *2.5 or higher.
- Achieve at least a composite score of 58 on the most current version of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS); TEAS score must be from within one year of anticipated date of matriculation.
- Successfully completing an entrance evaluation administered by Herzing University with examination scores deemed appropriate by the university.
- Submission of an ACT score of 17 or better or a combined SAT score of 1,275 or better in place of the college entrance evaluation. (The college placement evaluation is required for math and English placement.)
- Successful completion of a minimum of 24.00 semester credit hours of college-level work with grades of “C” or higher at nationally or regionally accredited postsecondary institution. The college placement evaluation is required unless the applicant has completed a college-level English composition course and a college algebra course with grades of “C” or higher.
Address: 5218 East Terrace Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53718
Phone: (608) 807-1909
Submit your review