- Nursing is a rewarding profession rich with opportunities to help individuals and also enhance their quality of life. The training program is committed to providing you with the education and also an experience you need to pursue a career in nursing.
- Henderson State focuses on pupils, and the new training program enables you the flexibility to pursue your dreams.
- The nursing classes are small, with low student-to-instructor ratios that assist in facilitating pupil success. The students receive high first-time pass rates on the NCLEX-RN and also 100% job placement upon graduation.
- The Bachelor’s degree programs train professional nurses to pursue graduate degrees also. They also offer the following nursing degree options: Traditional BSN on campus in Arkadelphia and also LPN to BSN on campus in Arkadelphia.
- The Henderson State University BSN Training program is certified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and also endorsed by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing.
About the school
- Henderson State University, established in the year 1890 as Arkadelphia Methodist College, is a public four-year liberal arts university situated in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, United States of America.
- It is Arkansas’s only associate of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $21,560
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Apply and gain admission to Henderson State University (must be done prior to applying to nursing program) –includes transfer students.
- Set up a Degree Plan of Study with Academic Advising (Foster Hall, Room 330). Submit official transcript from ALL schools attended.
- Attend a meeting with Nursing Faculty the day before Spring Semester classes begin- last day to register before late fees.
- Write an Admission Criteria Letter (no more than one page) addressing four
- personal drive to becoming a nurse
- leadership activities
- Complete (or be within one semester of completing) ALL Science and Math courses required with a grade of “C” or better.
- Schedule and take the TEAS Entrance Exam, (will only consider 1st score within the past 365 days). You must select HSU BSN program as a school of choice in TEAS account.
- Submit this form with ACT, SAT or Compass scores, TEAS scores, a transcript from ALL previous colleges, printout of courses currently enrolled in, Social Security Card and the Admission Criteria Letter by February 1 for priority acceptance consideration for the Fall Semester. Late decision makers may/may not be considered.
- Admission decisions will be sent to qualified applicants within thirty (30) Business days of the application deadline.
Address: 1100 Henderson St, Arkadelphia, AR 71999
Submit your review