Helene Fuld College of Nursing offers a one-year regular associate degree training program of instruction in nursing, liberal arts, and also science for adult males and women that are licensed practical nurses. 27 quarter credits acquired toward the Associate in Applied Science degree in Nursing are created by pre-admission testing and also acquired through LPN licensure. An added 79.5 quarter credits must be acquired at Helene Fuld to accomplish degree demands and meet the criteria for the graduate to take the National Council of State Boards of Nursing NCLEX-RN examination and apply for licensure as a registered nurse (RN).
An undergraduate can extend the training program to one and a half or 2 years by carrying a lower course load. Part-time pupils must complete the training program within 3 years. Classes are admitted two times yearly, in November as well as in April.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
In the year 1945, when New York City’s Hospital for Joint Diseases was situated in Harlem, a “training school” for practical nurses was founded. In the year 1955, after the institution obtained a grant from the Helene Fuld Health Foundation, the Hospital called the school “The Helene Fuld School of Nursing”. Dr. Leonhard Fuld, a New York City public health advocate and also philanthropist, and also his sister, Florentine, established the foundation in recall of their mother, Helene Schwab Fuld, a health-care crusader in the 1880’s.
In February the year 1996, with the authorization of the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York, the institution name “Helene Fuld School of Nursing” was modified to “Helene Fuld College of Nursing”. It was believed that this name far better mirrored the College’s standing as an institution of higher education.
Total estimated program cost is USD $18,190
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- United States high school diploma or equivalency.
- United States citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Current LPN license and registration in a U.S. jurisdiction.
- Satisfactory performance on four computer-administered tests in reading comprehension, mathematics, science, and English.
- Minimum passing score of “2” out of a possible “3” on the writing entrance examination.
- Two professional or academic references from a supervisor or person who is not related to the applicant
- Completion of a 4.5 credit introductory course in Selected Topics in Chemistry and Mathematics at the College, or successful performance on a College administered challenge examination.
- Completion of a Clinical Nursing Skills course at the College, or successful performance on a College administered challenge examination.
- CPR Certification (BLS) from the American Heart Association.
- An interview may be requested.
- An important requirement for admission into the program is satisfactory performance on all four Pre-Admission tests—writing, reading comprehension, mathematics, science, and english grammar.
Helene Fuld College of Nursing
Address: 24 E 120th St, New York, NY 10035
Submit your review