Harrisburg Area Community College Nursing Training program can put you on the way to earning your license and also finding a role in a health-care facility. After successfully completing our training program and also earning your Associate in Arts (AA) in nursing, you will be eligible to register for the NCLEX licensing examination.
The training program is endorsed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing and is completely certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). As soon as you pass the NCLEX licensing examination and receive your license, you’ll be ready to start an entry-level placement as a registered nurse (RN) in many different health-care delivery settings, for instance, acute-care hospitals, rehabilitation amenities and also long-term care amenities, and others.
Most graduates take positions in medical, surgical, oncology, critical care, obstetrics, pediatrics, mental health and emergency divisions. The complete Nursing program is available at the Gettysburg (day only), Harrisburg (day and evening), Lancaster (day and evening), and York (daytime and evening) campuses.
About The School
Harrisburg Area Community College, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, (HACC) is a community college system in the USA serving the greater Harrisburg, Pennsylvania metropolitan area and ten regions in Central Pennsylvania and also worldwide through a robust web-based training program. Harrisburg Area Community College is certified by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC), Pennsylvania’s very first and biggest community college, was established in the year 1964 as “Harrisburg Area Community College,” but is now branded as “HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College.”
Total estimated program cost is USD $18,576
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Students will be considered for admission into the nursing program who have:
- Documented high school diploma or GED or equivalent foreign education as verified by a HACC-approved credential evaluation service. Final official high school transcript must be on file in the Records Office.
- 5 program or overall GPA
- TEAS score 58.7 or higher
- Met with a nursing advisor or health career counselor, reviewed and signed the Nursing Essential Qualifications and signature page (retain a copy for your records)
Accepted students will only be admitted into the clinical phase of the program upon:
- Successful completion (C or better) of BIOL 121. A grade of C or higher must be obtained in any completed science course required for the program.
- Successful completion (C or better) of BIOL 122 (or 221) OR high school science (academic with lab) (C-, 70% or better)
- 5 program or overall GPA
- Documented proficiency, C or better, in English 003 and 051 and Math 033, 044 and 055 or attain an 80% or higher on the Readiness for College Algebra test (previously Math 051).
Harrisburg Area Community College
Address: 1 HACC Dr, Harrisburg, PA 17110, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply