The Nursing training program in Harcum College is built to provide the fundamental education for a registered nurse (RN) within modern society. The Nursing training program promotes quality in nursing education via general education studies, nursing studies and also guided clinical experiences in diverse health-care functions.
Graduates complete 61 credits in the Nursing Training program and are awarded an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) and are then qualified to sit and take the National Council for Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
About The School
Harcum College is an associate degree (AD) granting residential college situated in Philadelphia’s, PA. Harcum, “the College of Possibilities,” Philadelphia region’s most ancient independent, two (2) year College, was established in Bryn Mawr, PA in the year 1915 by Edith Hatcher Harcum and also her husband, Marvin. It was the very first institution in Pennsylvania endorsed to award associate degrees.
Harcum College offers more than twenty-degree programs. Noncredit courses are offered via the Office of Continuing Studies. Courses are offered at Harcum’s Bryn Mawr campus, at collaboration locations, and web-based.
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,576
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Acceptance into the Nursing Program is competitive. Completion of requirements does not guarantee admittance into the Nursing Program.
- Harcum College Application
- Official College Transcript(s) (must be received in a sealed envelope)
- High School Transcript or GED transcript
- Professional Resume
- Essay – Why I Chose Nursing as My Career (typed; 1.5 inch spacing; no longer than 2 pages)
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation on Professional letterhead
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores for all students for whom English is a second language.
- TEAS Exam*
*In order to be accepted without conditions, a student must score an Adjusted Individual Total Score of 58.7% or higher. If a student’s Adjusted Individual Total Score is between 41.4% to 58.6%, they will be accepted with conditions that will be discussed with the Nursing Program Director. The conditions include:
- Complete focused review from TEAS Test and present work prior to first day of class.
- Attend Student Support Services Session
- Attend weekly Enrichment Sessions with Course Coordinator (1 hour min./week)
Upon completion of all application requirements, candidates will be reviewed for admission to the Nursing Program.
Address: 750 Montgomery Ave, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010, USA
Submit your review