The objective of the Nursing Division is to provide an exceptional education in the field of nursing in a distinctively Christian atmosphere that consolidates Christian faith and learning in preparing graduates for private and career efficiency.
The Hannibal- Lagrange University Associate Degree Nursing Training program strives to attain excellence in nursing education by sustaining higher academic standards in a distinctively Christian atmosphere. Such an atmosphere motivates the highest growth and development of the pupil intellectually, socially, physically, and also spiritually.
The Hannibal- Lagrange Associate Degree Nursing Training program grooms its graduates to become successful on the NCLEX-RN and work as responsible, flexible generalists in varied functions. The coordinating structure of this training program is dependent on the primary concepts of people, environment, health, nursing, teaching-learning, and nursing education.
Goals for the nursing ASN Major
- Practice safe and sound, competent, and cost-effective nursing care to varied persons, families, and also communities.
- Offer caring and holistic nursing interventions so that they can help the individual increase self-care abilities all through the lifespan while encouraging, sustaining, and restoring health or offering end of life care.
- Communicate and work together efficiently with persons, families, communities, as well as other associates of the health-care team.
About The School
Hannibal–LaGrange University (HLGU), initially referred to as Hannibal–LaGrange College is a non-public four-year Christian liberal arts college situated in Hannibal, Missouri, United States Of America. It is associated with the Missouri Baptist Convention, which is a part of the Southern Baptist Convention. Enrollment was roughly 1,150 pupils as of 2007. It was founded in the year 1858.
Total program cost is USD $14,430
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Submit HLGU application to the Admission’s Office.
- Schedule an appointment to take the HESI Admission Assessment (A2) Exam.
- Submit the following items to *Admissions and ** Registrar’s Office (Make sure this is addressed to the appropriate office at Hannibal- LaGrange University, 2800 Palmyra Road, Hannibal, MO 63401)
- High School transcript (if starting classes with less than 24 hours of transfer credit) – Or if within the last five years to prove pre-requisite courses
- Evidence of acceptable scores on ACT or SAT. (if less than 24 credit hours) – Or if good score to earn points for student ranking
- Official transcript (s) of all college credits earned.
- Complete the following prerequisites with a grade of C or higher (Must be completed prior to entering the nursing program):
- One year of high school biology or one semester of college biology (lecture and lab; total of 4 hours).
- One year of high school algebra or one semester of college – level algebra
- All incoming students must take the Math Placement Exam. Results may indicate the need for additional math courses prior to admission.
- Anatomy and Physiology 1&2 (lecture and lab; total of 8 hours).
- Microbiology (lecture and lab; total of 4 hours) * May also be taken during the summer term between first and second years of the ASN program
The Hannibal- Lagrange University
Address: 2800 Palmyra Road Hannibal, Missouri 63401
Submit your review