The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum at Guilford Technical Community College provides knowledge, competencies, and also strategies to incorporate safety and also high quality into nursing care, to practice in a changing atmosphere, and to fulfill personal requirements which impact health, high quality of life, and also achievement of potential. Graduates of this training program meet the requirements to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN).
Employment possibilities are substantial within the world-wide health-care system and may include roles within acute, extended, chronic, industrial, and community health-care amenities.
The Associate Degree Nursing Fall Entrance alternative provides the pupil with two exit factors. The pupil who finishes will be qualified to apply for Nurse Aide II listing (Nurse Aide I listing required).
Successful completion of the training program enables the person to apply to take the NCLEX-RN. The State Board of Nursing may, on the other hand, refuse licensure based on criminal background screening. Also, the Associate Degree Nursing Spring Entrance alternative provides the pupil with two exit factors. The pupil who finishes will be qualified to apply for Nurse Aide II listing (Nurse Aide I listing required).
About The School
Guilford Technical Community College is a public community college located in the Piedmont Triad of North Carolina, United States. Guilford Technical Community College also has a campus in Jamestown, North Carolina as well as High Point, North Carolina, United States.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,008
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
FALL ENTRY OPTION- JAMESTOWN CAMPUS AND SPRING ENTRY OPTION- UNION SQUARE CAMPUS
- Complete college admission process: Complete an application, submit official high school, GED, or Adult High School, and college transcripts. (College transcripts will be reviewed for possible transfer credit.)
- Attend a mandatory nursing applicant information: No Sign-up required. Attendance is taken at the conclusion of the session. Online information session are available, if you have already submitted an application to GTCC, please log into Moodle server at https://online.gtcc.edu , find text field at the bottom of page called “Search Courses”. Enter “Nursing Information Session” and then enter. Select the name of the course to enter. If you have not submitted an application to GTCC, please access our Moodle server at https://coned.gtcc.edu , use the option on the right-hand side and “create an account”, a link will be emailed to you, return to https://coned.gtcc.edu , log in with your new credentials, find the test field called “Search Courses”, enter “Nursing Information Session and enter. Select the name of the course to enter.
- Meet minimum placement test scores: Applicants must be eligible to register for college-level English and Math as evidenced by measures of college-level readiness listed below.
- writing 70
- reading 81
- algebra 46
Placement test scores are valid for five years. Applicants who do not meet minimum scores should enroll in the appropriate developmental courses.
- Meet biology competency by one of the following:
Completion of high school biology and one additional lab science course with a grade of “C” or better within the past 3 years.
Completion of college biology course with a grade of “C” or better within the past 10 years.
Completion of BIO 094 within the past 3 years.
- Meet the Nursing Assistant I requirements:
Current Nursing Assistant I listing on the NC Nurse Aide I Registry, AND
Completion of a NC state approved Nursing Assistant I course
Guilford Technical Community College
Address: 601 E Main St, Jamestown, NC 27282, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply