- The traditional training program is designed for undergraduate pupils seeking a B.S. with a major in nursing. The program is to be completed in 3 years, after completion of all the prerequisite coursework.
- Georgia State University School of Nursing at is prepared to meet these challenges by making sure all its pupils receive superior classroom and also clinical experience to graduate highly skilled, knowledgeable nurses qualified for treating and also advocating for patients in a diverse, complex health care system.
- The training program in nursing accepts new students for either fall and spring semesters. Pupils can enter Georgia State University in any semester for their pre-professional coursework.
- The RN-BS completion degree enables practicing registered nurses with both an associate’s degree or diploma in nursing to obtain a bachelor’s degree. The training program could be completed in a single year of full-time study after completion of pre-requisites. A 2-year part-time option is also available.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the baccalaureate degree in Nursing Practice program at Georgia State University.
About the school
- Georgia State University (GSU), is a non-private research institution in downtown Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America.
- GSU was established in the year 1913; it is one of the University System of Georgia’s four research universities.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $22,130
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- The minimum science and program GPA needed to apply is 30.
- A person may only a pply to the program twice.
- If you repeat any science prerequisites please note that the 1st and 2nd attempts only will be calculated into the science GPA.
- A student who has a GSU institutional GPA below a 3.0 at the end of their first semester is ineligible.
- A student who has a GSU institutional GPA below 3.30 at the end of their third semester at GSU is ineligible to apply to the program.
- Engl 1101 ( Composition 1)
- Engl 1102 (Composition 11)
- Math 1101 (Math Modeling) OR Math 1111 ( College Algebra)
- ***BIOL 1110k (Human Anatomy and Physiology 1 w/lab)
- ***BIOL 1120k (Human Anatomy and Physiology 11 w/lab)
- BIOL 2300 & 2310 (Microbiology and Public Health w/lab)
*** Course cannot be older than five years old
Minimum Eligibility Requirements for RN-BSN.
- Acceptance to Georgia State University (see Application for Admission to Georgia State University) with nursing as the designated major
- Graduation from an accredited associate degree or diploma program
- Current license to practice as a registered professional nurse in Georgia
- Evidence of practice as a registered nurse (evaluated on an individual basis)
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 in pre-requisite courses
- A minimum grade of C or higher in all prerequisite courses
- Courses taken at other accredited institutions may be used to satisfy pre-requisite course requirements
- A maximum of 60 transferred semester hours can be applied toward degree credit from any two year college
- A transfer equivalency table is available here. Please use this table only as a guide.
Address: Atlanta, GA 30302
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews
Leave a Reply