The Associate Degree Nursing Training program at Great Bay Community College is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and endorsed by the New Hampshire Board of Nursing (NHBON).
Training program only begins in the fall semester. Upon satisfactory completion of the training program, the graduate is qualified to apply to the Educational Testing Service (ETS) along with the NHBON for the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
The objective of the Associate Degree Nursing Training program is to prepare the pupil to provide direct care to customers in acute care, long-term care, as well as other organized settings. As an associate of the discipline, the pupil collaborates with the health-care team to provide and also manage the proper care of clients. The pupil makes use of the nursing procedure as a foundation for decision making in caring for effectively clients and clients with feasible or actual health issues.
About The School
Great Bay Community College (GBCC) is a public two (2) year community college in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States Of America.
The institution is a member of the Community College System of New Hampshire (CCSNH) and is certified by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. It was founded in 1945.
The primary campus is located at 320 Corporate Drive in Portsmouth (in the Pease International Tradeport area), and an extra campus is situated at 5 Milton Road in Rochester, New Hampshire, USA.
Total estimated program cost is USD $16,730
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
A review of all COMPLETED Admission files will begin in March. Nursing program applications must be completed by February 28 to be considered for acceptance in the fall class.
- Complete an application for the program.
- Provide proof of high school completion or equivalent.
- Provide an official copy of prior college transcripts if seeking transfer credit.
- Provide proof of completion of high school algebra, biology, and chemistry or equivalent with a grade of “C” or greater or proof of registration in a course with projected date of completion by June 30th of the current year.
- Complete the ATI TEAS V Pre-Entrance exam* with minimum or greater adjusted individual scores as indicated in each of the four areas of the test:
- Reading – 73.8
- Math – 70.0
- Science – 52.1
- English and Language Usage – 63.3
- Applicants are permitted to take the TEAS V exam 3 times per 12 month period. Test dates must be at least 6 weeks apart. Exams must be taken no later than two weeks prior to the application deadline.
- Provide two professional references on the official form provided by The College (Alternative formats are not accepted).
- Special Consideration points are given to applicants who:
- Have completed college level Human Anatomy Physiology I and/or II prior to the February 28th deadline with a grade of “C+” within the past 5 years from the time of acceptance
- Are LNA’s or Health Occupation students in a CTE high school program prior to the February 28th deadline
*The ATI TEAS V Pre-Entrance Exam is designed to identify areas that may need strengthening before a prospective student begins the major course of study in Nursing.
Great Bay Community College
Address: 320 Corporate Dr, Portsmouth, NH 03801
Submit your review
Leave a Reply