At Great Basin College Elko we offer a two (2) year Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in nursing. The training program is fully endorsed by the Nevada State Board of Nursing and certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc., ACEN (initially National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, NLNAC).
Admission to the AAS degree in Nursing training program is an independent process from admission to Great Basin College. Enrollment in the training program is limited, and pupils are admitted only in the fall semester to start the four (4) semester sequence of nursing courses. Eligible applicants are chosen first from the six (6) county Great Basin College service area. Other Nevada residents are viewed subsequently. If positions are still obtainable, out-of-state candidates are considered.
Instruction by professional, registered nurse educators, together with small class sizes offer a perfect learning environment for you. Updated curricula combine courses in nursing with general education requirements. Laboratory and clinical experience are offered at the institution, nursing homes, in the local hospitals and other community facilities in Elko.
About The School
Great Basin College is an associate of the Nevada System of Higher Education, situated in Elko, Nevada, United States Of America. Unveiled in 1967 as “Elko Community College,” it was later on renamed to “Northern Nevada Community College” and then to its present name. It possesses 3,436 pupils.
Great Basin College has its primary campus in Elko, in northeastern Nevada. Residence halls are obtainable at the Elko campus. Outlet campuses also serve the communities of Battle Mountain, Pahrump, Ely, and Winnemucca. Satellite centers are situated in approximately 20 communities across rural Nevada
Total program cost is USD $11,420
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- INT 100 GBC Orientation
- BIOL 223 Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIOL 224 Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- BIOL 251 General Microbiology
- MATH 120 Fundamentals of College Mathematics, or
- MATH 126 Precalculus I, or
- STAT 152 Introduction to Statistics
- PSY 101 General Psychology
*General Education Science Requirement
Completion of Certified Nursing Assistant Course with in the last 5 years or current CNA License
*BIOL 190 is a Science Department requirement to be taken prior to or concurrently with BIOL 223.
- GPA of 2.0 or higher on any previous college coursework.
- Minimum grade of C in any courses applied to the AAS in Nursing.
- Completed applications for both GBC and the Nursing Program must be received by Admissions and Records no later than 5 p.m., April 1.
- Completion of the nurse entrance test. This test is administered prior to April 1. The cost is approximately $66.00
Great Basin College Elko
Address: 1500 College Pkwy, Elko, NV 89801, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply