The nursing training program provides an incorporated nursing curriculum that helps pupils in obtaining the knowledge and competencies vital for function as an entry level practitioner of nursing. Upon completion of the training program of study, the pupil will have received an Associate of Applied Science degree.
Graduates of the training program may then apply to the Board of Nursing to take the licensure examination to become a registered nurse (RN). The training program is endorsed by the Texas Board of Nursing (BON) and also certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
The nursing training program facilitates upward educational flexibility for the licensed vocational/practical nurse by offering advanced placement into the nursing training program via 2 transitional entry courses (RNSG 1413 and also RNSG 1227).
About The School
Grayson College is a community college situated in Grayson County, Texas, USA. The primary campus is situated in Denison, with outlet campuses in Denison and also in Van Alstyne.
Total estimated program cost is USD $12,576
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Admission to Grayson College
- Completion of the RN Nursing Information packet (obtained by emailing [email protected])
- HESI Admission Assessment test score of 75 or higher on cumulative total of required sections. (May be taken twice in a twelve month period from the first date tested and there must be five years or less from time test was taken to the date of admission into the nursing programs.)
- High School degree or GED
- College GPA (cumulative) minimum of 2.5
- Completion of College Algebra or Elementary Statistics with a “C” or better
- Completion of Anatomy and Physiology I and II (8 college credit hours) with a grade of “C” or better within first three attempts (including withdrawals). Science courses must have been taken and completed within the past five years.
- Completion of required immunizations. This includes Hepatitis B series; Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR); Tdap (within the last 10 year); Varicella (Chicken Pox); and Flu vaccine for most recent flu season. Some of these immunizations are taken in series and can take up to six (6) months to complete, so it is important to begin these well ahead of application to the program.
- Application to Grayson College. (Online at www.grayson.edu.)
- Application to the nursing program. (Circle Transitional Entry)
- Completion of the information packet and documentation on the Verification Statement form.
- Satisfactory completion of required prerequisite courses. This includes A & P I & II, Microbiology, General Psychology, Child & Lifespan Development, English I, and Math). Science courses must have been passed with a grade of “C” or better within three attempts (including withdrawals). Students will be ineligible for the nursing program if they have failed to earn a grade of C or better (including withdrawals) within the first three attempts of the prerequisite science courses. Individual transcripts will be reviewed for possible exemptions only upon written request of the applicant. All science
courses must have been taken and completed within the past ten years. Evolve
Admission test score of 75 or higher. The applicant is allowed two attempts in a 12- month period; and there must be 5 years or less from time test was taken to the date of admission into the nursing program. Information on how to schedule the admission test, and required components are included in this packet.
- High School diploma or GED.
- College GPA (cumulative) minimum of 2.5.
- Completion of required immunizations.
- Proof of current licensure as a Vocational / Practical Nurse; employment as an LVN/LPN for one year is preferred but not required.
Address: 6101 Grayson Dr, Denison, TX 75020
Submit your review