- With the most ancient Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing training program in Indiana, Goshen College has an outstanding reputation for producing first-class nurses. They have been teaching nursing long enough to know that health care is more than memorizing body structure — it’s about caring for the whole person.
- When you enlist in the nursing major at Goshen College, you will be joining one of our most in-demand and also esteemed programs on campus.
- As a nursing student, you will have various opportunities for clinical experiences close to campus. Situated across the street from one of the best hospitals in northern Indiana (IU Health Goshen) and just miles off from many other excellent clinical facilities, you will have quick access to quality placements.
- N-B.S.N: The training program is ideal for registered nurses with an associate’s degree from a certified college or university. You can complete a bachelor of science in nursing degree as you continue to work full time at Goshen College,. To sign up, you must have an active nursing license.
About the school
- Goshen College is a non-public liberal arts college in Goshen, Indiana, USA. The school was established in 1894 as the Elkhart Institute of Science, Industry and the Arts, and is associated with Mennonite Church United States.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $28,560
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Application to the nursing program is made during the first year of study at Goshen College. Applicants should be in the upper half of their high school graduating class. The high school program should have included foreign language, mathematics, algebra, chemistry and biology. Physics is recommended.
- Admission to Goshen College
- Grade of C or above in supporting and nursing courses and a cumulative college grade point average of 2.7 or higher.
- Demonstration of math competency as defined by the college/nursing program
- Completion of the nursing application
- Receipt of two references from specified individuals who will attest to the applicant’s ability to demonstrate:
- critical-thinking skills
- effective communication skills
- a caring attitude
- conceptual and judgment skills
- organizational skills
Transfer students from other nursing programs
Students who wish to transfer to the nursing program at Goshen College from another pre-nursing or nursing program will be reviewed on an individual basis. Admission to the nursing program will be based on the academic and clinical performance of the student. The department of nursing may request a reference letter from the previous nursing programs regarding academic and clinical performance.
To be admitted into the RN to BSN program, you need:
- An associate’s degree or diploma in nursing from a regionally accredited program.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.7 or higher in prior academic work.
- Current licensure as an R.N. in Indiana or Michigan.
- Work experience in a health-care delivery setting (1 year minimum). Currency and relevance of work experience will be evaluated individually.
- Completed application (online or on paper)
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Interview with program directo
Address: 1700 S Main St, Goshen, IN 46526
Phone: (574) 535-7000
Submit your review
Leave a Reply