The Registered Nursing (RN) Training program in Global Health College provides extra credentials and competencies required to make the most of increasing job opportunities for RNs in many different health-care facilities.
Global Health College offers both a regular and part-time registered nursing training program. The entire training program is 70 credits that can be fulfilled in 2 years if enrolled as a regular student. Upon successful completion, pupils obtain an Associate Degree in Applied Science in Nursing (AAS).
The curriculum readies graduates for the RN National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX). As a registered nurse, the graduate can often seek employment in a wide variety of specialties and areas.
About The School
Global Health College is a for-profit nursing institution in Alexandria, Virginia, United States. It offers a Practical Nursing training program, an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Nursing degree for Registered Nurses, and a Certified Nursing Assistant training program. Phlebotomy and also EKG courses are also being included in the school offerings.
Furthermore, the school is a TEAS assessment center. It was established in the year 2004. The founder, as well as the director of the school, is Mariatu Kargbo. A graduate of George Mason University, where she earned her degrees in marketing and also nursing, she ended up working as a Registered Nurse in a medical-surgical unit and also the ICU.
Total estimated program cost is USD $21,234
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete an application (including a $70.00 non-refundable fee)
- Satisfactory performance on pre-entrance exam ($12 exam fee non-refundable)
- Provide proof of Identification (Government issued)
- Provide evidence of GED, high school diploma, and/or college degree (minimum of associate’s degree).
- Records from secondary schools outside the United States must be written in English and evaluated by an approved credential evaluation agency.
- Obtain a criminal background check (Must be conducted through a through a company approved by Global Health College)
- Provide evidence of a physical exam
- Interview with Admissions Committee
- The College accepts a limited number of transfer students for entrance into any academic program. Transfer candidates must submit a formal application and a transcript of previous college work. A minimum of 46 credits must be successfully completed through GHC toward the 70 credits for the ADN.
- Applications for transfer must be filed six (6) weeks prior to the start of each semester. Decisions regarding transfer applications are usually announced four (4) weeks prior to the start date. If the current semester’s grades are required for evaluation, the applicant will be so informed and the admission decision will be made as soon as possible after receipt of the grade report or transcript.
Global Health College
Address: 6101 Stevenson Ave, Alexandria, VA 22304
Phone: (703) 212-7410
Submit your review
Leave a Reply