- Georgia Southern University nursing school is delighted to offer a Bachelor of Science in nursing degree. The 126 credit hour training program prepares prelicensure students via clinical experience, simulation labs, along with a thorough academic education.
- All courses for the nursing training program has to be completed within a total of 3 successive calendar years. All prelicensure nursing pupils need to take two standardized exit examinations.
- All pupils enthusiastic about pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree must sign up for Georgia Southern University as a pre-nursing major. Official admission to the nursing training program takes place internally after the completion of 45 credits. Admittance is highly selective.
About the school
- Georgia Southern University is a public institution situated on a 900-acre campus in Statesboro, Georgia, United States Of America.
- Established in 1906 as a land grant school, it is part of the University System of Georgia and is the biggest center of higher education in the southern half of Georgia.
- Georgia Southern University started as First District Agricultural and Mechanical School, a land grant college under federal legislation and support. It unveiled in 1908 with four faculty associates and fifteen students.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $22,335
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Admission to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program is competitive. Requirements for admission into the School of Nursing are based on requirements in place at the time of application to the BSN Program.
In order to be considered for the BSN Program for the Fall/Spring admission cycle, applicants must have met the following minimum requirements before the application deadlines of the first Friday in February for the Fall admission and the first Friday in August for the Spring admission.
- Maintained a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0;
- Earned a grade of “C” or better in Area A courses, Lab Sciences, Chemistry sequence, Anatomy and Physiology I and II with labs, Lifespan Human Growth and Development, Microbiology, and Pathophysiology. Note: The student’s record of achievement in science and math courses will be an important consideration in the admission process;
- Met School of Nursing clinical course requirements, including: (a) health history and physical examination; (b) essential performance standards for nursing practice; (c) immunization requirements including measles, rubella, varicella, hepatitis B, Tdap, TB test (QuantiFERON TB Gold In‐Tube), and seasonal flu; (d) tuberculosis screening; (e) current American Heart Association CPR for Health Care Providers’ certification; (f) health professions student liability insurance; and (g) personal health insurance;
- Participated in a School of Nursing Orientation session;
- For applicants holding a current valid health profession’s license (e.g. LPN, EMT, RT, RD), provided faculty with visualization of the license; and
- Completed the Admission Assessment (A²) Exam
- School of Nursing requests that you include an unofficial copy of your college and/or university transcript(s) with the application for admission to the BSN Program.
Address: 1332 Southern Dr, Statesboro, GA 30458
Submit your review