Wallace State offers a registered nursing program that features classroom and clinical knowledge to prepare future nurses to give secure and efficient nursing care. The registered nursing program requires 73 credit hours and results in an associate degree.
Students are allowed to either complete the program on a full-time or part-time basis, and there is a crossbreed alternative that enables students to complete theory courses online while completing clinical and lab components at area agencies. The courses include fundamentals of nursing, health assessment, pharmacology, and nursing through the lifespan. There is also a mobility program for students who are currently licensed practical nurses seeking to become registered nurses.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges accredits George C Wallace State Community College to grant associate degrees. Additionally, the associate degree program in nursing is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. It is also endorsed by the Alabama Board of Nursing
About the school
George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville is a public, two-year institution of higher learning situated in Hanceville, Alabama. It was founded in 1966 with the mission to fostering the delivery of excellent academic programs.
It is one of Alabama’s leading community colleges, with over 7,000 students per semester offering more than 50 majors that result in a degree or certificate. It also prepares students to transit to four-year institutions. Wallace State strives to serve students in an academic environment that involves complex technology. The classrooms have the most modernized technology, such as Tegrity and SmartBoards. The College delivers its academic courses through its three divisions: health, technical, and educational. The programs include business, English, music education, automotive, computer sciences, service technology, dental assisting, heating and air conditioning, welding, respiratory therapy, and nursing
Total program cost for is approximately USD 11,000
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Nursing Applicant must meet the following admission criteria:
- Be unconditionally admitted to the college.
- Student must be in good standing with the college.
- Receipt of complete online nursing application and Verification Sheet (on page 3 of these instructions) by posted deadline.
- Minimum of 18 ACT composite score National or Residual – no exceptions.
- Maintain a grade of “C” or better in ALL general education and nursing courses. A minimum grade of 75 constitutes a “C” in nursing courses.
- A minimum of 2.0 GPA cumulative at current native institution or cumulative 2.0 in institution from which student is transferring to be eligible to apply for nursing program.
- A minimum of 2.5 GPA for nursing required academic core courses.
- A minimum of 2.5 GPA cumulative high school GPA for students without prior college courses (GED will be used if applicable).
- Meet the essential functions for nursing: –
- Eligible for ENG 101 and MTH 100.
- Submit online nursing application and Verification Form (on page 3 of these instructions) with all required attachments by the posted deadline dates.
Wallace State Community College
801 Main Street NW
P.O. Box 2000
Hanceville AL, 35077-2000
Submit your review
Leave a Reply