Genesee Community College two (2) year Nursing training program readies you to pass the national Registered Nurse licensing examination and is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). The program incorporates nursing theory with guided real-world clinical experience on the location of regional health service providers. Exclusive to associate degree programs in WNY, the last semester of Genesee Community College Nursing training program consists of a four (4) week capstone/internship experience as a Registered Nurse in a health-care setting all through the Western NY area.
Genesee Community College is pleased to become a member of the Alpha Delta Nu Nursing Honor Society. Founded by the Organization for Associate Degree Nursing (OADN), Genesee Community College was chartered as the Delta Beta Chapter in 2015.
About The School
Genesee Community College (GCC) is a public community college with its primary campus in Town of Batavia, New York, United States Of America. It has campus centers in Albion, Arcade, Medina, Warsaw, Dansville, Lima, New York.
Total estimated program cost is USD $19,150
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Core GPA, calculated from prerequisite and support courses required for the Nursing Program, of 2.75 or higher. Overall GPA must be at least 2.0. A weighting system will be applied to adjust GPA depending upon how many prerequisite and support course credits have been completed. Students who have just graduated from high school will be considered individually but must have a GPA or equivalent of 2.75 or higher.
- Completion of BIO 104 (Fundamentals of Cell Biology) and CHE 100 (Introduction to Chemistry) with a grade of “C” or higher OR the New York State Regents Biology and Chemistry exams, with a grade of 75 or higher. Out-of-state or international students with non-Regents chemistry or biology will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- All required prerequisite and support courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better.
- If previously taken, Anatomy and Physiology and Microbiology courses must be completed within five years of entrance into the Nursing Program. There is no deadline for BIO 104 or CHE 100.
- Students must complete the GCC placement tests for Reading, Writing and Mathematics. The GCC Proficiency for Reading and Math must be met and the student must place in ENG 101 prior to being accepted into the program.Please refer to www.genesee.edu for testing and scheduling information.
- The GCC Nursing Program does not accept applicants who have received a grade of D or F in any two required courses in the past 5 years or who have failed out of another Nursing program.
Genesee Community College
Address: 1 College Rd, Batavia, NY 14020
Submit your review