- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) training program at Georgia College has been training professional registered nurses to fulfill healthcare needs for more than 25 years. Building upon Georgia College’s solid liberal arts foundation, the School of Nursing boasts a competitive first-time pass rate of 95% on the national licensure examination. Pupils in the BSN training program are taught to take care of persons holistically in an ever changing healthcare system and also turn out to be leaders in the field of nursing.
- Upon completion of this training program, the unlicensed graduate is qualified to apply for licensure as a registered professional nurse by examination (NCLEX-RN). Authorization for admission to the licensing exam and also subsequent licensure of qualified applicants is awarded by the Georgia Board of Nursing.
- RN-BSN: The program is meant for practicing registered professional nurses holding an associate degree or perhaps diploma degree in nursing. Completion of the BSN degree will require three semesters (or even longer if preferred).
- The BSN training program at Georgia College is ultimately endorsed by the Georgia Board of Nursing and is certified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
About the school
- Georgia College is a public liberal arts institution in Milledgeville, Georgia, United States Of America, with roughly 7,000 students.
- Georgia College was acquired in the year 1889 as Georgia Normal and Industrial College. Its emphasis at that time was largely vocational, and also its primary task was to develop young women for teaching or perhaps technical
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,520
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Admission to the nursing program is highly competitive and may be limited based on availability of qualified faculty and maintaining student to faculty:ratios required by standards of the Georgia Board of Nursing. All students who apply to the major may not be admitted.
An applicant who meets Georgia College requirements may be admitted to the University for any academic term and be classified as a pre-nursing student. This enables the student to take Core Curriculum courses. Acceptance as a pre-nursing student does not guarantee acceptance into the upper division nursing major.
Minimum criteria for admission to the upper division nursing major:
- Completion of all Core Curriculum requirements for health science majors
- Attainment of cumulative and pre-nursing GPAs of at least 2.75
- Attainment of a grade of C or better in each of the following courses: Introductory Sciences (Survey Chemistry (1151 & 1152 or Biology 1100 & 1120), Human Anatomy and Physiology I (BIOL 2160), Human Anatomy and Physiology II (BIOL 2170), Microbiology (BIOL 3180), English Composition (ENGL 1101), and Probability and Statistics (MATH 2600) and Nursing Management of Pharmacological Therapies (NRSG 2790).
- Successful completion of legislative requirements
- Submission of official SAT or ACT scores to the Admissions Office
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) score (latest version)
Students who have met these minimum criteria must apply to the School of Nursing for acceptance into the upper division nursing major.
Admission to the RN-BSN Option:
Criteria for RN-BSN education specified by the Georgia RN-BSN Articulation Model:
- Acceptance to the University. Call Admissions for the application deadline dates.
- Completion of all core curriculum requirements (Areas A-F) for the nursing major
- Attainment of a core curriculum GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Attainment of a C or better in each of the following courses:
- BIOL 2160 – Human Anatomy & Physiology
- BIOL 2170 – Human Anatomy & Physiology II
- BIOL 3180 – Microbiology
- MATH 2600 – Probability and Statistics
- ENGL 1101 – English Composition I
- Successful completion of the legislative requirements.
- Complete application to the RN-BSN Program demonstrating that the RN-BSN Articulation Plan criteria have been met.**
Address: 231 W Hancock St, Milledgeville, GA 31061
Submit your review