GateWay Community College is one of The Maricopa Community Colleges. It was established in 1968. Located, in Arizona, the school is regarded as an urban campus as it is the only Maricopa Community College with a Valley Metro Light Rail stop on campus. GateWay is one of ten regionally accredited colleges in the Maricopa County Community College District. It offers more than 160 degrees, certificate and workforce training options in a wide variety of industries, allowing it to emerge as a prominent institution in meeting the needs of business and industry throughout Arizona community. GateWay operates four campuses: Central City Campus, Deer Valley Campus, Palm Valley, and Washington Campus. GateWay Community College Is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
GateWay Community College offers certificate programs in nurse assisting, practical nursing, and registered nursing. The registered nursing program ensues in an Associate of Applied Science degree in nursing. The program equips students to become licensed registered nurses to deliver care to a wide range of patients in many different, serious, community-based, and long-term settings Courses are obtainable on a full-time and part-time basis during the day, evenings, and also weekends. Students can also choose a quicker format that includes completing courses during the summer. The Arizona State Board of Nursing accredits the nursing programs. Also, the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission accredits the registered nursing program.
Total program cost is $9,104
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
- All potential applicants are urged to meet with an Advisor/Admission Officer each semester to obtain current information about changes in the admission requirements.
- Complete a Student Information Form at the college of first choice if you are a new student to the The information is necessary for your transcript evaluation and registration for courses.
- High School graduation or GED is required for the Associate in Applied Science degree in nursing.
- all official colleges/universities transcripts be sent to the Admissions Office
- Submit a current Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- HESI Admission Assessment (HESI A2)
- Transfer applicants, paramedics, and LPNs wishing to apply for advanced placement into Block 2 or Block 3 must complete the Advanced Placement Information & Application Packet on the nursing program website under “Advanced Placement.”
- During the admission and registration process, all students are required to apply for a background check (see specifics for this background check http://www.nursing.maricopa.edu/BackgroundCheckRequirements.php) to verify identity, social security number, and that their name/names do not appear on the List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE) Once admitted, any student who becomes sanctioned or excluded while enrolled in the program will not be permitted to continue. The web site for additional information: http://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/exclusions.html. Students will receive specific instructions on completing the background checks during the registration process.
- In addition, students will be required to submit a urine drug screen sample at some point during the orientation/admission process. Faculty will instruct the students when this is due and students are NOT permitted to provide a previous urine drug screen as it needs to be submitted with the school code. Students will receive specific instructions on completing the background check and urine drug screen during the registration process.
GateWay Community College
108 North 40th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85034-8000
Submit your review
Leave a Reply